First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
I had one too from 2008, which supposedly couldn't be transferred again off of my prior car. Turns out there was a lawsuit and HOPEFULLY you filed a claim by the January 2021 deadline to either get a credit or get your lifetime reinstated on a new device. I'm still waiting, but doesn't matter for a month since Uconnect's update BRICKED my head unit per the dealer today (yeah for warranties though; may have to switch to an aftermarket if this happens again). TIP: Park your Jeep OUTSIDE when it asks to update and leave it there a few hours.
I have two of those lifetime subscriptions and have been able to switch them between vehicles all along. The first switch for each of them was free, and subsequent ones have been $75.00.

Sponsored

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Closed now, last day to file was in January. Could get a payment, or reinstatement of my lifetime plan that was $400 12 years ago.
We have a lifetime subscription on our 2020 Recon. Wife purchased the subscription 12 years ago or so. I hadn't heard anything about a class action suit. We've had the subscription transferred twice. I know we didn't pay anything to have it moved the first time, not sure about the most recent one a year ago - it may have been around $20.

Was Sirius balking on the lifetime subscriptions or something? I think I remember reading something one time about there being a maximum transfer of 3 times and no more after that. Was that what this lawsuit was all about?

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I'm ashamed to admit I'm paying for the XM in my Ford, because it was easier than dealing with the continual nagging after I let my subscription lapse. I really just hate conflict, and I've spent way too much money to avoid it.

On the Jeep, I never intend to tell XM who I am. Instead of paying for the stupid subscription, I invested in a loud exhaust instead. I would honestly much rather listen to drone than anything on any radio station anyway.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Not to mention they advertised no commercial radio in the beginning.
Now, Stern not to bad but the other talk stations? Just as much commercials as Terrestrial radio.

Okiedokie

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Sahara
Thx for the heads up. My year was up in March and I took no steps to renew but after reading this thread I looked up my accr and those sheisty mothertruckers were still billing me!

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Not to mention they advertised no commercial radio in the beginning.
Now, Stern not to bad but the other talk stations? Just as much commercials as Terrestrial radio.
Yeah isn't that some bullshit. We have FM HD here and it sounds better than XM and I still have commercials

Sponsored

Guelerct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I didn't read through all 7 pages on this thread but after having XM in all my cars for years it never dawned on me to negotiate with them. One phone call later and my bill dropped by 2/3. A simple phone call is all it takes. And I set a calendar reminder to call them again in a year.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
We have a lifetime subscription on our 2020 Recon. Wife purchased the subscription 12 years ago or so. I hadn't heard anything about a class action suit. We've had the subscription transferred twice. I know we didn't pay anything to have it moved the first time, not sure about the most recent one a year ago - it may have been around $20.

Was Sirius balking on the lifetime subscriptions or something? I think I remember reading something one time about there being a maximum transfer of 3 times and no more after that. Was that what this lawsuit was all about?
I don't recall exactly what it was for (and my subscription was still tied to my Mustang 2 vehicles-ago), but I can tell you they turned my lifetime service back on in April after my January claim. Not sure I have app access, but the JL radio works. I definitely won't pay for it again - did that negotiate the price down thing before, but apps or even saved music works and sounds better.

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
I'm ashamed to admit I'm paying for the XM in my Ford, because it was easier than dealing with the continual nagging after I let my subscription lapse. I really just hate conflict, and I've spent way too much money to avoid it.

On the Jeep, I never intend to tell XM who I am. Instead of paying for the stupid subscription, I invested in a loud exhaust instead. I would honestly much rather listen to drone than anything on any radio station anyway.

Just tell them you sold the vehicle and they will cancel with no hassle.

They may ask if you have a new vehicle and want to transfer service, just tell them no, and boom done.

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
I dumped Sirius over a year ago. I got tired of their shady dealings. I get offers regularly to give me back a one year service at a huge discount so they can try to screw me again at renewal.
I subscribed to Pandora for $5 a month and now I've heard word on the street that Sirius has purchased Pandora.

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
I have two of those lifetime subscriptions and have been able to switch them between vehicles all along. The first switch for each of them was free, and subsequent ones have been $75.00.
I filed also but haven't heard anything. Do you know if the lifetime is still limited to 3 radio id changes? I have changed once when I got a new portable. Haven't used it in quite awhile but was thinking of upgrading to a new unit for my boat. I cant get FM with the cliffs surrounding the harbor. I have XM in my Cherokee at $30 for 6 months, just a pain to remember to renew before promo ends every time.
Sponsored