Sponsored

35's or 37's with stock rims/suspension 392. For best off-road performance/experience.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Dilemma: tires. I cannot decide to go with 35's or 37's. I plan on making this a long term project (First jeep, had many of project vehicles/motorcycles) and am in no hurries as I've noticed that without long term planning you always end up replacing purchases.

Immediate Goals: Larger tires that are going to give the best all around experience.

Factors which that I do not know that are making my decision difficult: Is it going to be a better experience with a larger tire off-road with articulation limitations, or a slightly smaller tire with full articulation?

I was planning on rims and tires, but have decided to use the stock rims for while, would 37's and proper wheel adapter be my best bet?

Trying to figure this out so I can get my tires on order, any prior experience with this dilemma would be helpful. Yes I have read most all the tire threads, and it doesn't seem there is much talk about articulation limitation with larger tires, is that because it becomes a wash? Please share...
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Dilemma: tires. I cannot decide to go with 35's or 37's. I plan on making this a long term project (First jeep, had many of project vehicles/motorcycles) and am in no hurries as I've noticed that without long term planning you always end up replacing purchases.

Immediate Goals: Larger tires that are going to give the best all around experience.

Factors which that I do not know that are making my decision difficult: Is it going to be a better experience with a larger tire off-road with articulation limitations, or a slightly smaller tire with full articulation?

I was planning on rims and tires, but have decided to use the stock rims for while, would 37's and proper wheel adapter be my best bet?

Trying to figure this out so I can get my tires on order, any prior experience with this dilemma would be helpful. Yes I have read most all the tire threads, and it doesn't seem there is much talk about articulation limitation with larger tires, is that because it becomes a wash? Please share...
Personally I think anything less than a 37 on the 392 isn't doing it justice.

BUT--

If you wheel hard, those 37s might be pushing the limits of the stock axles.

You wouldn't need any wheel adapter to fit 37s to stock rims.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My experience with 37's is you will rub on LCA's. Where else I don't know.

OP
OP
0II392II0

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Seems like the consensus is, as long as you can get them on dooo it. Was I over playing the lost of movement in my head, the bigger tires just make that much of difference, or 37's just the sweet spot and I'm putting to much thought into this?

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Do the 37s, you will be very pleased you did. Ive met many rubi owners who went 35 only to jump to 37s soon after. And those were V6 rubis.
If anything maybe add a small spacer lift for now and some wheel spacers if you plan to articulate.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Do 37's! You said it, do it once.

If you do 35's, it won't be long before you'll be saying to yourself I wish I had gone with the 37's, if nothing else than a visual stanace perspective. Here's a few thoughts:

- As stated, you'll have a little rubbing with the stock wheel offset. You could run a quality spacer?

- 37's have a larger circumference that allow them roll/climb better offroad. The larger size will also add much needed ground clearance.

- You will need to do a full flex to check your clearances...looking to see where the larger tire is making contact. Added bump stops will get you dialed in.

- Not sure about having to re-gear...with power of the 392 you may not notice at all. I would interested to see if you are still hitting 8th gear.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your build.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven
Sponsored