Sponsored

How many people have already bought and traded in their Gladiators?

OP
OP
AmarilloJLU

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
:CWL:

I measured our garage 3 times....it squeeks by within 2"
My Gladiator was only 6 inches shorter than my wife’s Suburban, and yes it was a tight fit in the garage. I hated not being able to walk behind my car with the garage door down to get something out of the tool chest or get into the driver side of the Gladiator to grab something. First world problems.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AmarilloJLU

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I happen to be at the dealer for some warranty work this morning and they had this. It’s got the 2” Mopar lift with 37s. Just showing to demonstrate just how much 37s improve the proportions. But also, you can see where Jeeps design mistake really shows up. It’s that 10 inches of body between the back door and the back of the cab. In most midsize trucks, that space is MUCH MUCH smaller. also, the front door should have been reduced in size by 2-3 inches. Those two changes would have made a big difference IMO.

That said, I really do like a Gladiator with 37s. I’d pimp it. 😁 I dig those wheels (Black Rhino Warlords) as well.
51131421801_64b9e7e6e8_c.jpg
What was the Sticker on it?

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
What was the Sticker on it?
They didn’t have the markup sticker on it. The MSRP was $55K. You just know they want at least $65K for it. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were asking $70K.

OP
OP
AmarilloJLU

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They didn’t have the markup sticker on it. The MSRP was $55K. You just know they want at least $65K for it. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were asking $70K.
The day I bought my fully loaded Rubicon it's sticker was $61k and I got it for $56k, that same day they were shipping a nice looking Mojave to a guy in California that the dealership sold for about $61k. The guy bought it in Texas and had it shipped back to him in California and shipped his trade (Dodge Hellcat I believe) in to them. The Mojave Gladiators in his area were all going for over $70-75K.

Sponsored

JLmidwest

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys
I went from a 2 door jl to a gladiator back to a 2 door jl. The gladiator is way more practical given my hobbies, but 2 door wranglers are so much fun to drive and look better imo.

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Before we bought our JLU, my wife was seriously considering getting a Gladiator. That is, until I looked up the exterior dimensions and measured how it would look in our garage. We decided that we didn't need something as long as an 18-wheeler and the one time every 2-3 years that we would use it for hauling something wasn't practical for everyday use.
Size is such a subjective thing lol. I traded in a Ram 2500 crew cab for my Gladiator and I’m loving how small and maneuverable it is

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
It’s that 10 inches of body between the back door and the back of the cab.
Agreed. I saw something maybe on here or Youtube where the unnecessary angle on the back door was brought up to a Jeep rep. He said it was not changed so JT replacement doors would be easy to acquire. Not buying it. They just didn't want to incur the expense of producing new doors.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. I saw something maybe on here or Youtube where the unnecessary angle on the back door was brought up to a Jeep rep. He said it was not changed so JT replacement doors would be easy to acquire. Not buying it. They just didn't want to incur the expense of producing new doors.
I'd say both are true. It is easier and cheaper to simply reuse the same doors.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

the area between the rear door and the bed is probably bigger than other trucks due to the convertible top. the C pillar is probably the strongest part.

id love to have the bed to be able to put stuff in it, but the truck is too long for the offroading i like to do. the 2 door would be great except i have my kids in the jeep all the time (4 people). that being said, we have seen some Gladiators scraping over rocks at the local trail. they manage to get over them. and they werent crazy lifted or on huge tires.

they may not be optimal for tight trails or more serious trails but there are soooo many other uses theyre great for. out hunting in the woods or swamps, camping/overlanding, desert fun/dirt bikes, runs to HD, towing a trailer, etc... i see a lot of Gladiators where i live.

if the gladiator is just 6" shorter than a suburban thats nuts lol. when i take the kids to school in the morning or any other errands the wrangler is so much easier to get around in and park. the sub is like taking a school bus lol.

if Jeep would produce a 2 door version i could see them selling very few. maybe a little more if its an extended cab. standard cab trucks just dont sell any more. except work trucks and the custom truck scene. how many people do you know drive around in a newer standard cab truck anymore (that isnt lowered)? even extended cab trucks are rare. my friend had an extra cab Raptor. the extra cab was big enough to seat friends in, let alone children. all i see on the streets are crew cab Raptors, and i see a TON of them. same with every other truck out there from full size to tacomas.

believe me, id love to see them happen. i just dont think its financially savvy of jeep to do so.

the gladiators are kinda goofy looking stock. but so are commanches. just saw one the other day. its an awkward looking truck. but they both look great with a lift and big tires

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
I say ditch the spare and shorten the bed. You would still have a ton more cargo space than a wrangler and still get the wheelbase.
Jeep Wrangler JL How many people have already bought and traded in their Gladiators? 9AF569AE-63F4-4F5F-91BD-A9B5421745A3
Then again, it might look just as silly stock.

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
We came at this a different way. We decided we needed a truck again a few years ago and we were waiting for the Jeep, for several years. The need for the truck increased and we gave up when we saw and tested the Chevy ZR2. Ordered one right away, got a 2018 in dark green(we like green). It’s been great for our needs and has a great drive train. Our other vehicle was a 97 TJ with no A/C. We liked it but my wife said we had to have air And she still wanted a Jeep. Started looking at the JL’s and ordered our 21 JLR. What a great vehicle. For us, our little fleet is just right, I think Chevy did a great job on the ZR2 all the way. The bed is just large enough to do what I need to do.
Sponsored