Sponsored

How many people have already bought and traded in their Gladiators?

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Agree 100%. I went and looked hard at the first one my dealer got in back in the day. Red rubicon. I thought it was awesome. Now I can't look at one of the many gladiators around town without thinkin, "hmmm, just odd-looking."
Sponsored

carpendj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2019 GMC Sierra AT4
Yea, I get that. I’ve seen the same thing on our local dealer lots. The only way you can improve the looks is with a lift and 37s (or larger). The bigger tires really do help the proportions of the truck a lot. But it just doesn’t work with 33s.
Completely agree with you. A lift and larger tires helps the looks. 33s looks wrong.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
The concept of the Gladiator is my absolute dream vehicle. While the present Gladiator is okay, it doesn't check enough boxes for me to ever buy one. Notably it's too long, the proportions aren't right and it just looks off next to a JL. My dream Gladiator would be a 2 door with a small backseat and a bed obviously. Something very similar to what Notorious posted. It would be the same length or slightly longer than a 4 door JL. That would be perfect. They could offer a 2 door version like that and leave the 4 door as is for people that need to tow or need a larger bed/cabin.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a 2020 fully loaded Gladiator Rubicon in August of last year after trading in my 2014 JKU Sahara. I really loved it at first and then after about a month or two really started missing the enclosed cargo space of a 4 door wrangler. I know everyone says "Just put a cargo cover or topper on it to enclose it." I just prefer to have the enclosed space that is part of the enclosed part of the Jeep personally. I also was not a fan of how long the Gladiator was after coming from a JKU. So, I put an order in for a 2021 4Xe Rubicon and traded in the Gladiator. Glad those hold their value and dealerships are paying top dollar for used cars right now. It got me wondering how many Wrangler owners got a Gladiator only to regret it and are going back or went back to a Wrangler? I'm not saying they are bad, I'm just saying it wasn't for me.
I had a 2019 Tacoma TRD instead of a Gladiator. But got rid of it after six months for the same reasons you mention: missed Wrangler’s convenient enclosed cargo space, and its greater maneuverability.

Tacoma suffered from a bunch of other issues not worth getting into. Suffice to say, after owning a midsize pickup, I appreciate my JLU a lot more.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
I gotta tell ya - I'm in a bit of a different camp on this one.

My wife's 05 TJ had the trans go out with about 160K miles - it just wasn't worth putting the $$$ into at that time.

She's wanted a Gladiator since they were first announced. We try to buy used whenever possible, but the prices/incentives for new were almost cheaper than used last fall.

I'm sold on it - I really like it. I don't see 4 doors as normal on a Wrangler (it's just me). To me, it fits on the truck, and I really enjoy having the bed/box on a wrangler-type capable vehicle.

Sponsored

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Before we bought our JLU, my wife was seriously considering getting a Gladiator. That is, until I looked up the exterior dimensions and measured how it would look in our garage. We decided that we didn't need something as long as an 18-wheeler and the one time every 2-3 years that we would use it for hauling something wasn't practical for everyday use.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Completely agree with you. A lift and larger tires helps the looks. 33s looks wrong.
Agree with both of you and have heard many others say the same. They just don't look right stock. Someone in my building has a new Mojave Rubicon JT and even it doesn't look right. But with a 2-3 inch lift and 35's, they aren't too bad.

On the flip side, there is another JT Rubicon I see almost everyday that has 40's, and it looks cartoonish. Kinda like this but not as cool.

Jeep Wrangler JL How many people have already bought and traded in their Gladiators? 1619097399485

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
I was considering a Gladiator mainly because of the discounts they seemed to be giving out on it. Made the conclusion my driveway just is too small for it (don't have a garage) and it would be more of a pain to deal with.

I still don't know what my opinion is when it comes to the "looks" of it. I like vehicles that look a little weird or a little off, so I know a lot of people hate the dimensions of the Gladiator but I liked it, it has "character" to me, lol.

That being said I also liked the looks of the Aztec, B9 Tribeca, and Honda Element, so there you go.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I also liked the looks of the Aztec, B9 Tribeca, and Honda Element, so there you go.
Gawd, Tribeca was soooo ugly that not even Subaru buyers, who are used to ugliness, could stomach that one... 😫
Jeep Wrangler JL How many people have already bought and traded in their Gladiators? 1619101081747

Sponsored

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Before we bought our JLU, my wife was seriously considering getting a Gladiator. That is, until I looked up the exterior dimensions and measured how it would look in our garage. We decided that we didn't need something as long as an 18-wheeler and the one time every 2-3 years that we would use it for hauling something wasn't practical for everyday use.
:CWL:

I measured our garage 3 times....it squeeks by within 2"

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I happen to be at the dealer for some warranty work this morning and they had this. It’s got the 2” Mopar lift with 37s. Just showing to demonstrate just how much 37s improve the proportions. But also, you can see where Jeeps design mistake really shows up. It’s that 10 inches of body between the back door and the back of the cab. In most midsize trucks, that space is MUCH MUCH smaller. also, the front door should have been reduced in size by 2-3 inches. Those two changes would have made a big difference IMO.

That said, I really do like a Gladiator with 37s. I’d pimp it. 😁 I dig those wheels (Black Rhino Warlords) as well.
Jeep Wrangler JL How many people have already bought and traded in their Gladiators? 51131421801_64b9e7e6e8_c

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
There's a couple JTs in town that have 35s to 37s and some good aftermarket add-ons that make them more appealing, but the proportions are just wrong regardless. I would rock this in a quick minute though, could you imagine this w/ 37 to 40s?

Jeep Wrangler JL How many people have already bought and traded in their Gladiators? 1619103099098

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
We have a JLU that is my wife's vehicle and I absolutely love. I drive an F150 and am seriously considering a Gladiator as I need the bed space for work and for family vacations since we take 1/2 the house with us. That said, only the Rubi and Mojave look good. Other trims with smaller wheels/tires and no lift just look funny to me.
Sponsored