Sponsored

What do we want to know from the first to receive the 392?

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I know not exactly the point of the question on this thread, but curious if anyone has leased one and what the residual and MF were. More a curiosity than what I’d do.
Sponsored

YJ TJ JKUR JLURD

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 TJ Chili, 2012 JKUR Cherry, 2022 JLU 392 Gobi
Does anyone who has the JLU 392 with the matching color dual door group know if the half-doors have a vin specific sticker or vin marking of any kind on the inside door trim of the half-doors? I am curious if there are differences in getting the painted half-doors at the time of placing the JLU 392 order versus just ordering them later through Mopar? Are they only available painted by ordering them with the JLU 392 or are they only available later from Mopar in black primer unpainted?

Godot

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Misc.
Can anyone provide a link to the 392 Rubicon Owners Manual? I'd like to read up on the new (unique) features of the 392... paddle shifters, etc.

FF294

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Rubicon Sahara SE, 2021 392
Does anyone who has the JLU 392 with the matching color dual door group know if the half-doors have a vin specific sticker or vin marking of any kind on the inside door trim of the half-doors? I am curious if there are differences in getting the painted half-doors at the time of placing the JLU 392 order versus just ordering them later through Mopar? Are they only available painted by ordering them with the JLU 392 or are they only available later from Mopar in black primer unpainted?
This video might have answers to some of the questions you are asking regarding availability of half doors after the fact. Of course the date on this vid is Mar 23 so things may have changed.

Godot

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Misc.
Thanks... I was kinda hoping for something I could download and put on my phone. I already downloaded the standard Wrangler Owners Manual months ago... but that was before I considered the extra goodies... like controlling the speed with paddles off road and any other unique "things" specific to the 392. I just figured there had to be a new edition printed (or downloadable) for the owners. So maybe I should have asked this first... did the new 392 owners receive an owners manual that is specific to the 392? Or are they still generic?

Sponsored

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
Can anyone provide a link to the 392 Rubicon Owners Manual? I'd like to read up on the new (unique) features of the 392... paddle shifters, etc.

Is this what you are looking for?

Attachments

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Some interesting info from the owner's manual:

Jeep Wrangler JL What do we want to know from the first to receive the 392? 6.PNG

Jeep Wrangler JL What do we want to know from the first to receive the 392? 6.PNG

Forgot to remove this part:

PG14 4WD High Auto, am I reading that incorrectly or does it state that the power is directed towards the front wheels? I thought the transfer was a 30/70-Rear split.

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
PG14 4WD High Auto, am I reading that incorrectly or does it state that the power is directed towards the front wheels? I thought the transfer was a 30/70-Rear split.
Yes, that’s right. I’ve read the 30/70, f/r, too, in normal operation. Then Part time 4wd is effectively a center diff lock, splitting power 50/50, f/r - similar to the old Land Rover Defenders or G wagons.

Sponsored

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
p6 of the 392 supplement really spells out some detailed break-in guidance. I'd be all the more frustrated if a dealer was making YouTube videos with my Jeep showcasing the speed & power well within the break-in period.

From the OM:
Engine break in occurs mainly during the first 500 miles (805 km) and continues through the first oil change interval.
It is recommended for the operator to observe the following driving behaviors during the new vehicle break-in period:
0 to 100 miles (0 to 161 km):
  •  Do not allow the engine to operate at idle for an extended period of time.
  •  Press the accelerator pedal slowly and not more than halfway to avoid rapid acceleration.
  •  Avoid aggressive braking.
  •  Drive with the engine speed below
    3,500 RPM.
  •  Maintain vehicle speed below 55 mph (88 km/h) and observe local speed limits.
100 to 300 miles (161 to 483 km):
 Press the accelerator pedal slowly and not more than halfway to avoid rapid accelera- tion in lower gears (FIRST to THIRD gears).
 Avoid aggressive braking.
 Drive with the engine speed below
5,000 RPM.
 Maintain vehicle speed below 70 mph (112 km/h) and observe local speed limits.
300 to 500 miles (483 to 805 km):
  •  Exercise the full engine RPM range, shifting manually (paddles or gear shift) at higher RPM when possible.
  •  Do not perform sustained operation with the accelerator pedal at wide open throttle.
  •  Maintain vehicle speed below 85 mph (136 km/h) and observe local speed limits.
    For the first 1,500 miles (2,414 km):
     Avoid high engine and driveline loading.
NOTE:
Check engine oil with every refueling and add if necessary. Oil and fuel consumption may be higher through the first oil change interval. Running the engine with an oil level below the add mark can cause severe engine damage.

OP
OP
BCMgunner

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
p6 of the 392 supplement really spells out some detailed break-in guidance. I'd be all the more frustrated if a dealer was making YouTube videos with my Jeep showcasing the speed & power well within the break-in period.

From the OM:
Engine break in occurs mainly during the first 500 miles (805 km) and continues through the first oil change interval.
It is recommended for the operator to observe the following driving behaviors during the new vehicle break-in period:
0 to 100 miles (0 to 161 km):
  •  Do not allow the engine to operate at idle for an extended period of time.
  •  Press the accelerator pedal slowly and not more than halfway to avoid rapid acceleration.
  •  Avoid aggressive braking.
  •  Drive with the engine speed below
    3,500 RPM.
  •  Maintain vehicle speed below 55 mph (88 km/h) and observe local speed limits.
100 to 300 miles (161 to 483 km):
 Press the accelerator pedal slowly and not more than halfway to avoid rapid accelera- tion in lower gears (FIRST to THIRD gears).
 Avoid aggressive braking.
 Drive with the engine speed below
5,000 RPM.
 Maintain vehicle speed below 70 mph (112 km/h) and observe local speed limits.
300 to 500 miles (483 to 805 km):
  •  Exercise the full engine RPM range, shifting manually (paddles or gear shift) at higher RPM when possible.
  •  Do not perform sustained operation with the accelerator pedal at wide open throttle.
  •  Maintain vehicle speed below 85 mph (136 km/h) and observe local speed limits.
    For the first 1,500 miles (2,414 km):
     Avoid high engine and driveline loading.
NOTE:
Check engine oil with every refueling and add if necessary. Oil and fuel consumption may be higher through the first oil change interval. Running the engine with an oil level below the add mark can cause severe engine damage.
Looking forward to getting close to the 5k rpm range with Mopar’s permission of course!
I’m at about 360 miles now.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
What do we want to know from the first to receive the 392...

Anyone feel it's just too much power for them and want to swap drivetrains with a 3.6 Rubi 2-door?

Well, if ya never ask... :) But in all seriousness, a big congrats to all 392 owners! Enjoy!!

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392 Granite Crystal
I'm curious if the floor is the same as the JLUs. Has anyone swapped their Weathertech or Quadratec floor mats into the 392? If so, is it an exact fit? Weathertechs website lists the 4xe separately from the regular JLU, so not sure if the 392 will be any different.

OP
OP
BCMgunner

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
I believe the reason it’s different is the batteries beneath the rear seat on the 4xe.
Sponsored