Sponsored

How to keep the neighborhood stray cats from sleeping in my doorless Jeep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I don’t gotta get up on a 5 degree morning and walk my cat.
and that's why i have a rock area off our covered porch that my dog is trained to go on. i open the door and he runs out does his thing then right back in. nice and easy. i got a nice retaining wall built to hide it with flowers around it so it blends right in with my house. best thing we ever did.
Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
My neighbor's husband left the top off her Jeep after she repeatedly told him to always put it back up at night when he'd park the Jeep. A neighborhood cat came over and sprayed the inside of the Jeep making it reek like hell for a month. She made him drive it for the next month until the smell was gone and she got his sports car. Lesson learned.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
The only way to stop this problem is make the owner of the cat as aggravated as you are. Right now the owner of the cat doesn’t care because the cats not sitting in his car. My inconsiderate neighbor let his dog shit on and near my porch. I started scooping it up and putting it on his porch. Guess what ! he stopped letting his dog shit on my porch. Because it became his problem. Shit on my porch he had no problem shit on his porch he found unacceptable. same with the cat.

Last edited:

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Are you Chinese/Korean yourself or married/related to someone who is? If not then go back to doing what you normally do on this website and post pictures of half naked women
You never answered my original question but your response isn’t surprising. Clearly you find it easier to tell others what to do rather than look inside, face your uncomfortable feelings and then course correct.

Also, I didn’t mean to alienate or even offend you by posting pictures of half naked women. To make amends and since you said you’re from India, this one’s specifically for you

Jeep Wrangler JL How to keep the neighborhood stray cats from sleeping in my doorless Jeep? 1619024675475

Sponsored

OP
OP

nunziotocci

First Name
Annunziato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701
The only way to stop this problem is make the owner of the cat as aggravated as you are. Right now the owner of the cat doesn’t care because the cats not sitting in his car. My inconsiderate neighbor let his dog shit on and near my porch. I started scooping it up and putting it on his porch. Guess what ! he stopped letting his dog shit on my porch. Because it became his problem.
As much as I would love to piss him off, I'd rather not start a feud. If I can catch the cats and turn them in that would be enough for me. It would also piss him off enough to make me happy without him necessarily knowing what happened.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
As much as I would love to piss him off, I'd rather not start a feud. If I can catch the cats and turn them in that would be enough for me. It would also piss him off enough to make me happy without him necessarily knowing what happened.
You start the feud ? His cat is in your car and somehow you think it’s your fault. He’s responsible for his cat if you talk to him and he doesn’t fix it he is starting the feud!. Think about it. The cat owner doesn’t seem to care if he pisses you off

OP
OP

nunziotocci

First Name
Annunziato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701
You start the feud ? His cat is in your car and somehow you think it’s your fault. He’s responsible for his cat if you talk to him and he doesn’t fix it he is starting the feud!. Think about it. The cat owner doesn’t seem to care if he pisses you off
I hadn't thought of it that way. I usually look at things in terms of escalations, but you're right. If I tell him that it's happening and he doesn't do anything then he's the one starting a feud.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Are you Chinese/Korean yourself or married/related to someone who is? If not then go back to doing what you normally do on this website and post pictures of half naked women or ask people “you rang” like a creep whenever you see them use the word “Notorious” in their posts.
Neither Notorious’ posting history nor his ethnicity nor his family relation to anyone East Asian bears any relevance to the fact that your post is offensive and not funny.

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
They only hang around 'cause my neighbor feeds them.

But anyway, the last few mornings I've walked over to my Jeep and there was a cat sitting in the passenger seat. I've known about it for a while cause of the cat hair, but I don't want to have to think about it as I groggily walk over. Anybody have any suggestions to keep them out? There's been some rain recently which has taught them that they can hide from the weather (I put the top up to keep it sort of dry inside).

I have seat covers so I'm not terribly worried about the seats being ruined, but I will be very annoyed if a cat relieves itself in my Jeep. One might say, pissed off.

Garaging is unfortunately not an option. Animal control might be, but I'm not sure yet. I'm willing to get a cover for it if there are no other options, but I thought I'd ask before spending money.
On a hunting channel, i heard that moth balls will keep a bear out of a cabin and just heard that white vinegar keeps alot of pests away.
Saw tons of no real responses, please forgive if its been mentioned before.

Also my neighbors put some kind of urine to keep groundhog and mink and foxes away from there pool. Coyote or wolf? Look into it. Have not seen my groundhog that lives under my shed for few weeks. Stays farther away. Something was effective!!!

Sponsored

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
One of these aimed at the neighbors house.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Moth balls work great for me as well as traps.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.