Sponsored

How to keep the neighborhood stray cats from sleeping in my doorless Jeep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nunziotocci

First Name
Annunziato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701
They only hang around 'cause my neighbor feeds them.

But anyway, the last few mornings I've walked over to my Jeep and there was a cat sitting in the passenger seat. I've known about it for a while cause of the cat hair, but I don't want to have to think about it as I groggily walk over. Anybody have any suggestions to keep them out? There's been some rain recently which has taught them that they can hide from the weather (I put the top up to keep it sort of dry inside).

I have seat covers so I'm not terribly worried about the seats being ruined, but I will be very annoyed if a cat relieves itself in my Jeep. One might say, pissed off.

Garaging is unfortunately not an option. Animal control might be, but I'm not sure yet. I'm willing to get a cover for it if there are no other options, but I thought I'd ask before spending money.
Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Have you thought of a trail cover? Get one that is durable enough for constant use.

Something like this: https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2021/wrangler-jl/trail-cover/ I'm not endorsing this particular cover, but a quick Google search turned it up. I know mopar makes one, probably a dozen or so reputable companies make trail covers.

Sponsored

OP
OP

nunziotocci

First Name
Annunziato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701
Have you thought of a trail cover? Get one that is durable enough for constant use.

Something like this: https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2021/wrangler-jl/trail-cover/ I'm not endorsing this particular cover, but a quick Google search turned it up. I know mopar makes one, probably a dozen or so reputable companies make trail covers.
Yeah, this is what I was thinking to be honest. I just wanted to see if anybody had other ideas before I turn on the money hose.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, this is what I was thinking to be honest. I just wanted to see if anybody had other ideas before I turn on the money hose.
200 bones or so is much better than worrying about seeing a pile of cat defecation in your Jeep. Much less not seeing it and either sitting on it or putting your feet into it when you hop in.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
They only hang around 'cause my neighbor feeds them.

But anyway, the last few mornings I've walked over to my Jeep and there was a cat sitting in the passenger seat. I've known about it for a while cause of the cat hair, but I don't want to have to think about it as I groggily walk over. Anybody have any suggestions to keep them out? There's been some rain recently which has taught them that they can hide from the weather (I put the top up to keep it sort of dry inside).

I have seat covers so I'm not terribly worried about the seats being ruined, but I will be very annoyed if a cat relieves itself in my Jeep. One might say, pissed off.

Garaging is unfortunately not an option. Animal control might be, but I'm not sure yet. I'm willing to get a cover for it if there are no other options, but I thought I'd ask before spending money.
Cats are territorial and mark their territories with their urine.

You should also claim yours by peeing in you Jeep.

A nice, one coat of that golden shower will do.

The scent sends a "You are trespassing" signal to other cats.

No, I am serious.

Hope this helps, let me know if it worked.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay.... My post was a bit too serious for this forum. :facepalm:

Put a picture of Scooby Doo in your passenger seat, and problem solved.

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
Okay.... My post was a bit too serious for this forum. :facepalm:
To the contrary, I took his request as completely serious. My solution may seem comical (and would be hysterical if placed in view of a motion activated camera), but I assure you it is also 100% effective. And cheap. 64 Victor (the best) traps can be had on Amazon for 31 bucks. When a critter sets that booby trap off, I GUARANTEE said critter will NEVER return.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.