OP

aspst10

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Rubicon
What dealership did you use? If you don’t mind me asking, what are they charging for the lift? My 4xe is on order with castle rock CDJR but their prices for the mopar lift seemed crazy high wanting 8k for the lift and wheels/tires. I saw the cost of wheels/tires which clocked in just over 4K so 4K for a mopar lift seemed super high
Arapahoe autonation, they may be including the parts for a heavier spare carrier as well as the speedometer adjustment if you are getting big tires. I got spacers on my stock wheels and the price was similar.
Mine included the mopar 2 inch lift, 37 inch tires, new spare carried(teraflex), adjustment for speedometer, window tint, wheel spacers.
Sponsored

michellini

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
I went to drive one that a dealer got in. Immediately the Turtle light came on. It would not switch from hybrid to electric. The salesman had no idea what the error was. Sigh... but was not a good first impression.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Torque Limited Warning Light This warning light illuminates when vehicle acceleration is limited due to a reduction in engine or electric motor performance. Contact an authorized dealer for service if illumination persists.

Yes, not a good first impression.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
...I saw the cost of wheels/tires which clocked in just over 4K so 4K for a mopar lift seemed super high
One of my local dealerships quoted about the same. $2000 for the lift kit + 8-10 hours of installation labor.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
The dealership I have in Colorado is putting on a 2 inch mopar lift this Monday, I’ll let you know if there are issues
OP I have a question for you, you had said that your Jeep left you on the side of the road after having only owning it for 48 hours and you mention that it`s been at the dealership ever since and they can`t find any issues but yet they are putting a lift on it for you? Am I missing something???

Sponsored

OP
OP

aspst10

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Rubicon
OP I have a question for you, you had said that your Jeep left you on the side of the road after having only owning it for 48 hours and you mention that it`s been at the dealership ever since and they can`t find any issues but yet they are putting a lift on it for you? Am I missing something???
The warning lights came on after two days of having it and 120 miles, once the battery went to zero the engine did not switch over to gas so I had to pull off the road. The car immediately started back up and worked normally, the lights turned off and has functioned normally since. I took it to the dealer, They kept it for five days and talked to the engineers at jeep Chrysler and could not find anything wrong. I had purchased a lift prior to all of this so I just had them go ahead with it. As one member of the forms said if you wait to have a jeep without problems you will never own a jeep. We will see

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
What dealership did you use? If you don’t mind me asking, what are they charging for the lift? My 4xe is on order with castle rock CDJR but their prices for the mopar lift seemed crazy high wanting 8k for the lift and wheels/tires. I saw the cost of wheels/tires which clocked in just over 4K so 4K for a mopar lift seemed super high

That does seem crazy high. I know they make a profit on parts but but you can order a Mopar lift(I know they don't have the 4xe out yet) for under $1500 to your door. I have seen them installed and if you had 8-10 man hours doing it you were going pretty slow. Probably under $150 to get it aligned. Not sure about the speedometer calibration.

I know guys are worried about warranty issues but I bet there are a ton of places that would do it cheaper and honestly better. I plan on doing mine myself.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The warning lights came on after two days of having it and 120 miles, once the battery went to zero the engine did not switch over to gas so I had to pull off the road. The car immediately started back up and worked normally, the lights turned off and has functioned normally since. I took it to the dealer, They kept it for five days and talked to the engineers at jeep Chrysler and could not find anything wrong. I had purchased a lift prior to all of this so I just had them go ahead with it. As one member of the forms said if you wait to have a jeep without problems you will never own a jeep. We will see
I guess that electrical Gremlin got away and hopefully will never return. I`m looking forward to seeing your Jeep with the lift, what are you planning for tires and rims? I have owned many Jeeps through my years and if I had a dollar for every headache brought on by my Jeep or a friends Jeep I would be a rich man lol

OP
OP

aspst10

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Rubicon
I guess that electrical Gremlin got away and hopefully will never return. I`m looking forward to seeing your Jeep with the lift, what are you planning for tires and rims? I have owned many Jeeps through my years and if I had a dollar for every headache brought on by my Jeep or a friends Jeep I would be a rich man lol
I got 37 inch toyos and I kept the stock rims for now with spacers. I should have some pics tomorrow once they are done!

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I got 37 inch toyos and I kept the stock rims for now with spacers. I should have some pics tomorrow once they are done!
That sounds like a nice combination, did you go with the maximum traction or Rugged Terrain tire? whose and how thick did you go with the wheel spacers if you don't mind me asking?
I think using the stock wheels is the way to go, just my opinion. I`m really looking forward to seeing it. It is a shame that the dealer could not find an electrical issue, especially if it threw a code, you would think that they could pull that info from the vehicle computer??

Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
One of my local dealerships quoted about the same. $2000 for the lift kit + 8-10 hours of installation labor.
Unless things have really changed from a 2018 JLUR Rubicon, my Mopar lift was quoted by the dealer for the price of the lift $1699. and 4 hours of labor. 8-10 hours seems a little excessive unless they are going to go and do an alignment on it too

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Unless things have really changed from a 2018 JLUR Rubicon, my Mopar lift was quoted by the dealer for the price of the lift $1699. and 4 hours of labor. 8-10 hours seems a little excessive unless they are going to go and do an alignment on it too
That's exactly what I thought, too. Reading the installation instructions, it looks like it would take me 10 hours in my garage...which sounds like an excuse for buying more tools, and a lot of fun. As much as I want a suspension lift & 37's right away, I may just get a spacer lift to fit my preferred tires while allowing the aftermarket to catch up.

@aspst10, are they installing the older, p/n 77072522 lift? Really looking forward to your images.

OP
OP

aspst10

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Rubicon
That's exactly what I thought, too. Reading the installation instructions, it looks like it would take me 10 hours in my garage...which sounds like an excuse for buying more tools, and a lot of fun. As much as I want a suspension lift & 37's right away, I may just get a spacer lift to fit my preferred tires while allowing the aftermarket to catch up.

@aspst10, are they installing the older, p/n 77072522 lift? Really looking forward to your images.
7CBCF758-4289-4DFD-8076-03530FA46D56.jpeg

28043246-2CB5-49CC-B909-FA8F937DC3F7.jpeg

9B5537CB-DD56-4F27-A175-A6C8BFC701E3.jpeg

FC4EC12A-1A6E-4FCB-9AD2-C692DA049D6E.jpeg

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
@aspst10 Do you know which part number of Mopar lift was installed?
It should be listed on your receipt.
Sponsored