Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Hey all, how do I find the offset and backspacing of the stock (non-392) JLU Rubicon wheels? And is it still unknown what the stock 392 wheel's offset and backspacing is?

Also, I'm looking for a slightly wider overall stance, so if I end up going with 18x9's, and I want my new wheels & tires to stick out around an inch or two wider than stock on my 392, then do I increase, or decrease the amount of offset?
And do I do the same thing for backspacing as well?

Sorry for all the questions, still learning all this stuff. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
BCMgunner

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
392 Backspacing is not known yet.

The lower the backspacing, the further out away from the axle the tires are pushed.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Hey all, how do I find the offset and backspacing of the stock (non-392) JLU Rubicon wheels? And is it still unknown what the stock 392 wheel's offset and backspacing is?

Also, I'm looking for a slightly wider overall stance, so if I end up going with 18x9's, and I want my new wheels & tires to stick out around an inch or two wider than stock on my 392, then do I increase, or decrease the amount of offset?
And do I do the same thing for backspacing as well?

Sorry for all the questions, still learning all this stuff. Thanks in advance.
18's look good, though if your just starting to look into options, I would recommend 17's. From an off-road aspect the extra side wall is the given but tire availability is another. I've read in a few of the tire threads here of guys with buyer's remorse with their 18's. Becasue the limited availability and higher cost. If you want an 18 because you want an 18 disregarded this altogether. On my 4runner I wanted 18's and after some research I ended up with 17's and felt I made the right choice.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
18's look good, though if your just starting to look into options, I would recommend 17's. From an off-road aspect the extra side wall is the given but tire availability is another. I've read in a few of the tire threads here of guys with buyer's remorse with their 18's. Becasue the limited availability and higher cost. If you want an 18 because you want an 18 disregarded this altogether. On my 4runner I wanted 18's and after some research I ended up with 17's and felt I made the right choice.
Good info, thanks!

Sponsored

jeepken

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392
What do we know now that folks are swapping tires? I don't want to run spacers and I like these wheels. Still waiting to see how much other stuff we have to do to run 37's.

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
Just ordered the Kenda 35.12.50 17R for my 392 , I thought I would try them out. I have had every tire in the world on my other jeeps and liked the 10 ply E rating top R speed rated @106 . Kenda had some good reviews, what the hell. Waiting for the Goodyear Territory MT 35-12.50 17r rated S 112, they release them soon. Going to try them on the stock wheels.

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What do we know now that folks are swapping tires? I don't want to run spacers and I like these wheels. Still waiting to see how much other stuff we have to do to run 37's.
The 37's worked perfectly with Method Race Wheels without any modifications. I am waiting for my 37" Nitto's to arrive so I can mount them on the stock wheels and see if there are any clearance issues.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Seems funny to buy the most expense Wrangler to date then put the cheapest tires out there on it.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
The 37's worked perfectly with Method Race Wheels without any modifications. I am waiting for my 37" Nitto's to arrive so I can mount them on the stock wheels and see if there are any clearance issues.
Want to comment on the thread title?

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I assumed they would be running the same backspacing as the JT Mojave, it's a little less than other models, but not near as much as most aftermarket wheels. I can't imagine they would go any more than AEV as it would add to much to the scrub radius. so I guess I would say between the AEV and Mojave somewhere.