My new Rubicon 2.2 Diesel MPG L/100

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
Well, it's kinda strange to me too, but some people here from the UK and other countries also observe the same. You might be right about short trips, on the other hand we have a highway all along the island, and it's very convenient to use it even to get from one part of the city to another, so I'd doubt this is the reason. And again other cars do not show any unusual consumption. Anyways, since 10 ltrs of AdBlue cost around 12 euro here I don't mind, it's just a bit surprising compared to other vehicles I own/ed.
I didn't have a full tank of AdBlue when I picked mine up but I've already added 2 x 10l after only 9,000km. I do a lot of stop/start city driving so that may be the cause.
Sponsored

TangoRomeo7688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.2 Diesel
I drive ma JL 2.2 Rubicon 62km every day. 31 one way, most trough small towns,

Car has now 6870km on the IPC,

Fuel Consumption: 8,6 with 255/75 R17 BFG AT KO2
AD Blue? Don't know, didn't have to refill yet. IPC says 100%, next step in IPC should be 80 or 70%. Have to check the DCM this week. Am worried that something is wrong :LOL:

Greets

Tobias

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
I drive ma JL 2.2 Rubicon 62km every day. 31 one way, most trough small towns,

Car has now 6870km on the IPC,

Fuel Consumption: 8,6 with 255/75 R17 BFG AT KO2
AD Blue? Don't know, didn't have to refill yet. IPC says 100%, next step in IPC should be 80 or 70%. Have to check the DCM this week. Am worried that something is wrong :LOL:

Greets

Tobias
With regard to Ad Blue, I find that the tank holds much more than the 100% on the gauge indicates. This means it sits on 100% for a long while before it starts to decline. Perhaps the gauge is only monitoring the bottom half of the tank. Tank capacity is meant to be a little over 19 litres, so if you only add 5 - 10 litres when the gauge is getting low, you are not filling it to full.

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
With regard to Ad Blue, I find that the tank holds much more than the 100% on the gauge indicates. This means it sits on 100% for a long while before it starts to decline. Perhaps the gauge is only monitoring the bottom half of the tank. Tank capacity is meant to be a little over 19 litres, so if you only add 5 - 10 litres when the gauge is getting low, you are not filling it to full.
I guess you’re absolutely right - I had to refill AdBlue at nearly 3’000 km, and after that I drove around 4’000 km more and the indicator is still at 100%. Greedy FCA couldn’t even fill AdBlue to the top at the factory :facepalm::CWL:

OP
OP

Aage

First Name
Aki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020, 2.2L diesel
Drove my new Rubicon to the northwestern part of my country ( Iceland) few days ago. I mostly spent my time on around 50 to 70 mph ( legal limit is only 60mph ) on the roads here. Drove total of 800miles during the trip , over mountains, very bad tracks and dirt roads. Surpriced of how little fuel it uses. The trip computer gave me 7.5L/100km or somewhere close to 30mpg.
Changed the tires to 35 inch BFG All terrain ( 315,,,, ). Now its using somewhere around 10 to 11L/100 city and close to 9L/ 100 on longer trips.

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
About to put my 3rd 10l container of AdBlue in mine at 11,500km. This is getting beyond a joke.
Sponsored