No proximity locks without half doors?

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Working with a dealer to order a new 80th anny and he says he can’t add proximity locks without dual doors. That doesn’t seem right? Anyone have any input on this? I’ve asked if he can order it without and install pre-delivery for me, or worst case just sell me the parts and I’ll add them to her Jeep and my Gladiator at the same time
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Working with a dealer to order a new 80th anny and he says he can’t add proximity locks without dual doors. That doesn’t seem right? Anyone have any input on this? I’ve asked if he can order it without and install pre-delivery for me, or worst case just sell me the parts and I’ll add them to her Jeep and my Gladiator at the same time
Whatever the bullshit reason is, you can probably sell the half doors pretty easily if you don’t want it post delivery. I’m sure there will be people lining up to buy it.

OP
OP

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
What ever the bullshit reason is, you can probably sell the half doors pretty easily if you don’t want it post delivery. I’m sure there will be people lining up to buy it.
I’m not spending (and financing) an extra $4k so I can get a $600 option LOL. There’s a thread with parts and instructions here to add them. I’m talking to the dealer about following that thread and adding them pre-delivery, or worst case selling me the parts with the Jeep so I can add them to it and my Gladiator

MightyAndrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I don't believe this is true. When I was working with my dealer, this is not true for the 80th anniversary, the Sahara and the Rubicon. This is true for every other trim. I remember this distinctly because I was between the 80th anniversary and the Sports Altitude. He told me the Sport Altitude does not get proximity without dual doors. The 80th anni, you can.

I know it takes a while for Jeep to update the B&O, but when you go to the B&O, you can add proximity on the 80th without dual doors.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I’m not spending (and financing) an extra $4k so I can get a $600 option LOL. There’s a thread with parts and instructions here to add them. I’m talking to the dealer about following that thread and adding them pre-delivery, or worst case selling me the parts with the Jeep so I can add them to it and my Gladiator
Meh. You’ll recoup all that cost back, if not more, when you sell your half doors. Use that money to pay down the loan. Not a huge deal.

Whatever you do though, I wouldn’t attempt to install it afterwards.

You can also not listen to me and do it regardless, then you’ll wish you listened in the first place.

Sponsored

OP
OP

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I don't believe this is true. When I was working with my dealer, this is not true for the 80th anniversary, the Sahara and the Rubicon. This is true for every other trim. I remember this distinctly because I was between the 80th anniversary and the Sports Altitude. He told me the Sport Altitude does not get proximity without dual doors. The 80th anni, you can.

I know it takes a while for Jeep to update the B&O, but when you go to the B&O, you can add proximity on the 80th without dual doors.
What is the B+O exactly? Is that a step in ordering?

OP
OP

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Sorry. I meant B&P = Build and Price on the Jeep website.
Ahhh, yes, I can add it on the B+P but he’s saying he can’t add it separately on his end. There are also other threads of people on the forum here that were told the same thing

OP
OP

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Meh. You’ll recoup all that cost back, if not more, when you sell your half doors. Use that money to pay down the loan. Not a huge deal.

Whatever you do though, I wouldn’t attempt to install it afterwards.

You can also not listen to me and do it regardless, then you’ll wish you listened in the first place.
my luck my wife would decide she likes them and wants to keep them..... and the $70 higher payment and loss of garage space that goes with them LOL

OP
OP

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator

I was going to order her an altitude, but she had to have the painted fenders

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Ahhh, yes, I can add it on the B+P but he’s saying he can’t add it separately on his end. There are also other threads of people on the forum here that were told the same thing
The April Order Guide also supports that keyless is now required with the dual door option.

I got the proximity sensor on my 80th and really like the option. I would have survived without that option. Sometimes I wonder if I just should have ordered 80th with just heat seats and dual tops and kept it relatively bare bones.

OP
OP

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
The April Order Guide also supports that keyless is now required with the dual door option.

I got the proximity sensor on my 80th and really like the option. I would have survived without that option. Sometimes I wonder if I just should have ordered 80th with just heat seats and dual tops and kept it relatively bare bones.
We’re not getting TOO fancy. Snazzberry 80th 2.0 with dual tops, cold weather group, and proximity (or not). Would have gotten the sport Altitude but the wife HATES the black fenders on her JKU. I hate all this “you can’t have this without that” crap. Cant get the $140 black fuel filler door without a $600 set of steps. No proximity without half doors. I could understand if they had anything to do with each other but they don’t

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
We’re not getting TOO fancy. Snazzberry 80th 2.0 with dual tops, cold weather group, and proximity (or not). Would have gotten the sport Altitude but the wife HATES the black fenders on her JKU. I hate all this “you can’t have this without that” crap. Cant get the $140 black fuel filler door without a $600 set of steps. No proximity without half doors. I could understand if they had anything to do with each other but they don’t
Welcome to deliberate hierarchical divisions.
Imagine if you could order the exact vehicle you wanted.. Wouldn't that be outrageous..? /s

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I could understand if they had anything to do with each other but they don’t
Stop resisting. There is no rhyme or reason to what individual options get paired to what option packages at the factory. Your salesman is just as confused and clueless as you.

The sooner you quit complaining and whining the closer you’ll get to having. If you’re fortunate enough to be able to factory order, get the major options that you want. If others small pieces have to come along that you don’t want, take them off and sell them because someone else will.

Each day that you wait to think or consider is one more day you’ll have to wait without the Jeep that you want. If that doesn’t frustrate you, check your pulse.

OP
OP

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Stop resisting. There is no rhyme or reason to what individual options get paired to what option packages at the factory. Your salesman is just as confused and clueless as you.

The sooner you quit complaining and whining the closer you’ll get to having. If you’re fortunate enough to be able to factory order, get the major options that you want. If others small pieces have to come along that you don’t want, take them off and sell them because someone else will.

Each day that you wait to think or consider is one more day you’ll have to wait without the Jeep that you want. If that doesn’t frustrate you, check your pulse.
I put in the order yesterday. Figure we’ve got a month to work out how to get the proximity locks added. It’s for my wife so I’m not super excited but she is
Sponsored