First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Might be too difficult at this point, but almost seems like this thread ought to be split into two threads...one for the original AJT fob and one for the newer DI/Threedom fob. Some of the newer posts can be confusing as to which fob the poster is talking about.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I stopped at a Jeep dealership in Florida today, to say hi to a friend of mine that is the Service Manager of the dealership... I haven't seen him in months as I was in NY for the Winter.

Of course, I showed him the 2, DI Labs, Mini fobs I have.....

WELL, that was a mistake. 8-)

The Mini's, both started making the rounds (without me) in the shop and then over to sales, to the waiting room and geeeez, for awhile there, I figured I may never see them again...

Seriously, so so many guys and gals were going nutso so to speak over them. Nothing negative uttered... most were asking me how/where to order.

All were impressed with size/weight/look of the fobs.

I gave out the https://mythreedom.com , URL so many times.... geeez....

Anyway, only one guy out of probably over 20 people had even heard of .... knew about the DI Labs, aftermarket fobs.

@crdouglass3 ..... I'm pretty confident you will see a bunch of orders from guys / gals in Florida over the next few days...

I'll be showing whomever I can, the fobs at Jeep Beach 2021, in Daytona, next week too... so that will see you a bunch of orders also. Wish I had more of a variety of your fob offerings to show to people...

Should also mention that my Northstar Main battery with the @Jebiruph 's dual monitoring meters of it, and the ESS battery got lots of attention too.

• Love
Reactions: DC3

DC3

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT EcoDiesel, 22 Polestar
Occupation
Engineer
I stopped at a Jeep dealership in Florida today, to say hi to a friend of mine that is the Service Manager of the dealership... I haven't seen him in months as I was in NY for the Winter.

Of course, I showed him the 2, DI Labs, Mini fobs I have.....

WELL, that was a mistake. 8-)

The Mini's, both started making the rounds (without me) in the shop and then over to sales, to the waiting room and geeeez, for awhile there, I figured I may never see them again...

Seriously, so so many guys and gals were going nutso so to speak over them. Nothing negative uttered... most were asking me how/where to order.

All were impressed with size/weight/look of the fobs.

I gave out the https://mythreedom.com , URL so many times.... geeez....

Anyway, only one guy out of probably over 20 people had even heard of .... knew about the DI Labs, aftermarket fobs.

@crdouglass3 ..... I'm pretty confident you will see a bunch of orders from guys / gals in Florida over the next few days...

I'll be showing whomever I can, the fobs at Jeep Beach 2021, in Daytona, next week too... so that will see you a bunch of orders also. Wish I had more of a variety of your fob offerings to show to people...

Should also mention that my Northstar Main battery with the @Jebiruph 's dual monitoring meters of it, and the ESS battery got lots of attention too.

@Rhinebeck01 you are too kind! Thanks for your support. And here I thought I was lucky enough by just having your beta participation!! The Jeep community is truly a unique group of people!

Sponsored

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I was about to order but think I'll hold out for the model "S".
Same
If someone would let me know when they are available I would appreciate it.

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
I'm holding out for the model S also. I'd LOVE to see a pic of it beside the old Jeep fob so I can make a decision.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
I'm holding out for the model S also. I'd LOVE to see a pic of it beside the old Jeep fob so I can make a decision.
Check the website. The "M" models are overlaid on a stock fob outline. While that isn't depicted for the "S", the "S" is shown side by side with the two "M" models for comparison. That will give you a pretty solid idea.

*Edit - or, the post above mine. 😊

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a beta version? I need on of these, I hate damn key opening in my pocket all the time.
@mygreenkaw
S version is in Alpha phase, I'd guess you would call it. DI Labs is tweaking their Alpha S, but real soon they will come up with something they feel is a go to be released/sold in regard to an S.

I did have beta Mini's and now have/use 2, Mini's that are slick as chitt.

hingedthinker

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
I put one of my Threedom Fobs together today. Tip for getting the RFID out of the old assembly in seconds... use a pick and push through the plastic from the other side. If it ever matters going back to stock it’s easy and a little dab of silicon or wax would fill the tiny hole.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put one of my Threedom Fobs together today. Tip for getting the RFID out of the old assembly in seconds... use a pick and push through the plastic from the other side. If it ever matters going back to stock it’s easy and a little dab of silicon or wax would fill the tiny hole.
NO WAY would I recommend doing this!
Good chance of piercing the RFID chip and also with an obvious hole poked in the front surface of the stock fob, good luck taking the fob back to dealer for warranty replacement if you ever needed to

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Tip for getting the RFID out of the old assembly in seconds... use a pick and push through the plastic from the other side.
NO!! Please don't do this. There's no need to pierce through the stock fob to get the transponder chip out. While the chip can take a small bit of abuse, if you accidentally poke through it you're pretty much screwed.

The easiest thing to do is use a new blade in a utility knife, and cut at least 2 small slits (from top to bottom) in one side of the plastic enclosure surrounding the chip. Then use a small thin bladed (jewelers) flathead screwdriver to pry the plastic away. This should make enough room to get the screwdriver tip, a pick, or even the knife blade next to the chip so you can gently pry it up and out. If need be add another slit if you need more room.
Sponsored

Last edited: