First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
post a photo or two of your dipstick. No kink. Curious if they were that sloppy.
Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
No I hadn't checked it myself prior to this but like I mentioned, the oil had been changed 3 different times at 2 dealerships and they didn't mention it.
From the feedback received so far it looks like the wrong dipstick was installed from the factory. I'll order a replacement.
You are either much braver or much more trusting than I am.

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
After any kind of service anywhere I open the hood and look around for stuff open undone or left behind. I have been rewarded for my efforts more than a few times.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
The length of the oil indicator is a function of the length of the oil indicator adapter tube. Sometimes there are production changes due to a change in suppliers. Bottom line, give the dealer your VIN so you get the right indicator for your specific 2019 3.6L.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
My dipstick shows a quart low after adding in 5 qts since I got the jeep. I didn't even know there were two different dip sticks. 3.6L

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
My dipstick shows a quart low after adding in 5 qts since I got the jeep. I didn't even know there were two different dip sticks. 3.6L
I have to spin mine before removing the dip stick to get an accurate measurement. Maybe try that?

Ilya

First Name
Ilya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2019 sport 2 door 6MT
Need help... Does anybody know how much oil is between min and max on dipstick?

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
After any kind of service anywhere I open the hood and look around for stuff open undone or left behind. I have been rewarded for my efforts more than a few times.
Yes I have found stuff open and undone, I have also added to my toolbox with assortment of wrenches and shop rags.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yes I have found stuff open and undone, I have also added to my toolbox with assortment of wrenches and shop rags.
Yep, for that new cast-iron steering box TSB they left the bolts under-torqued, re-used a bolt that specifically calls for a new bolt to be used (also under-torqued) left my steering fluid reservoir cap laying on the side of the motor too!
YAY!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Need help... Does anybody know how much oil is between min and max on dipstick?
Don’t overthink it. Drain oil and put 5qts back in. No need to look at dipstick.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
thats what I have been doing but maybe I should be checking the dipstick also :o
@zeebo56

The JL/JT with the 3.6L, requires 5 quarts of oil.... You put in 5 quarts. 5 qts. is 5 qts.... No reason at all to bother checking the dipstick when you just poured in 5 qts. of oil... when you do the oil change.

------
From FCA press release when they introduced the 2nd Gen Pentastar...

"Windage-tray weight was slashed by 19 percent and front-cover weight was cut by 5 percent. *The oil pan was redesigned from a two-piece to a single-piece pan and the sump was reduced from a 6-quart fill to a 5-quart fill *– resulting in an overall 5-pound weight savings compared with the previous generation Pentastar V-6 engine."

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Not in my opinion.
@OldGuyNewJeep

Yup, but watch some knucklehead here, come up with a reason / post why, in his opinion... you would need to check the dipstick right after you pour in 5 qts. of oil into the 3.6 L, JL that takes 5 quarts of oil.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
This thread has developed into a dipstick measuring contest.

LOL, I just could not resist the setup for that!

OP, did you get the new one? I'd take that right to the service manager of the dealer. That should be on them. I'll bet they get a few bucks for a new dipstick. Make them cover that. Their mistake. IF they balk, have them grab one out of another 3.6 and compare them right there. (Again, a dipstick measuring contest!) :LOL:

Otherwise you could post the pics here side by side and bring it to the attention of @JeepCares if the dealer doesn't cover it.
Sponsored