Sponsored

Security Related Accessories / Theft Prevention

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
New Jeep owner here. Wanted to give a quick run down of the security-related accessories I'm planning on purchasing and get feedback and/or suggestions:
Do I have all the bases covered? Are there any additional security issues Jeep owners face that I may not be aware of? I should note that I got the Remote-Start and Remote-Proximity Keyless-Entry packages on my Wrangler Rubicon.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jerpy

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
A Tuffy console lock box is good, as well as a kill switch wired into the fuel pump circuit. But if they want it, they will find a way.
Doesn't the center console come stock with a lock on it? I know it's not as strong as the Tuffy, but I typically don't keep anything important in the center console except napkins, a bottle opener, and some change.

I was actually looking at the Ravelco Anti-Theft Device. People might think I'm taking this too far, but I seem to be a magnet for having my vehicles messed with. 🙄

Last edited:

Quadjeeper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
You could get the locked console lid open with your bare hands. Kill switch is easier, very inexpensive and easy to hide. I set mine up as an anti car jacking device too. L.A. may be bad, but it is everywhere.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I just insure it and don't keep anything of significant value in it. If it's stolen and most likely violated, I wouldn't want it back... I will probably put a Blackvue dash cam in it, front with rear/interior view. But that's more for traffic concerns.

Last edited:

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
  • SIG handgun in appropriate holster
  • no leaving iphone sitting out in the open every time you run in to the convenience store
  • no keeping cash in the jeep
  • pump shotgun with 12ga slugs attached to roll bar for when things get really outta hand

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
New Jeep owner here. Wanted to give a quick run down of the security-related accessories I'm planning on purchasing and get feedback and/or suggestions:
  • McGard Wheel Locks
  • McGard Door Locks
  • Bolt Hood Lock
  • Bolt Hitch Pin Lock
  • Diabolical Slipstream Trunk Enclosure
Do I have all the bases covered? Are there any additional security issues Jeep owners face that I may not be aware of? I should note that I got the Remote-Start and Remote-Proximity Keyless-Entry packages on my Wrangler Rubicon.
All that wont help, if they want to steal your ride. They just hook it up, and are gone in a few seconds, then get around all your gizmos you have listed, at their leasure. If you are afraid it might get stolen, have a hidden GPS installed. That way, you can recover it fast, before they have time to strip it.. By the way, if determined, they can strip it in under 30 minutes.

Sponsored

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
All that wont help, if they want to steal your ride. They just hook it up, and are gone in a few seconds, then get around all your gizmos you have listed, at their leasure. If you are afraid it might get stolen, have a hidden GPS installed. That way, you can recover it fast, before they have time to strip it.. By the way, if determined, they can strip it in under 30 minutes.

Oh yeah,"THEY". Why do you guys always ask for "protection" money in the same ways? :giggle:

drivingfool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4XE Rubi
Good list. My buddy has a boot, as in a wheel lock. Sometimes he uses it on his trailer, sometimes he uses it on his jeep. Nothing's going nowhere with a boot on a shoe, that's for sure.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
  • McGard Wheel Locks
  • McGard Door Locks
  • Bolt Hood Lock
  • Bolt Hitch Pin Lock
  • Diabolical Slipstream Trunk Enclosure
I read this and thought "wow this is all over kill" then saw you're from California, so I suppose not. The news tells me that your cats are going to get stolen if you park in California, so I think I'd add a an underbody skid plate. It'll be nice off road but also make you a more difficult target.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Good list. My buddy has a boot, as in a wheel lock. Sometimes he uses it on his trailer, sometimes he uses it on his jeep. Nothing's going nowhere with a boot on a shoe, that's for sure.
Battery powered Sawzall, or Flatbed wrecker. Just saying.
Sponsored