Sky One-Touch with doors off at Washington Auto Show

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
It’s a shame that it comes as a painted color matched top only. Many of us do not want that, but I know I would have considered the power top in a flat black configuration.
Sponsored

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I was going to go with the one touch when it became available to order, but i think now I'm passing and going with the dual top option. The soft top is growing on me and it looks really easy (and quick) to take off/put on.

How cool would it be for the removable side windows to be an option on the hard top. Guys like me who live in harsher winter climates put on the hard top for the winter, and today it's an awesome day and I have not swapped over yet and all I can do it remove the freedom panels. The removable sides would be really cool with the standard hard top. I guess the question is would those make the hard top too structurally flimsy on top.

AdamH

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4Xe
my wife had a Liberty with the sky top. Very useful for quick rides around town with the windows down. Traded it in 2 years later after countless issues with leaks. Just think - that was 8+ years ago and they still haven't made it work???

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
my wife had a Liberty with the sky top. Very useful for quick rides around town with the windows down. Traded it in 2 years later after countless issues with leaks. Just think - that was 8+ years ago and they still haven't made it work???
I am hoping there is one big difference between the 2008 model year and today. In 2014 Fiat bought the remaining shares of Chysler.
Fiat has decades of experience in building this style of top. Fiat's expertise is crucial.
It looks like there are some design differences between the the Jeep Liberty's Skyslider top and the new model.

hipfan39

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK 2 door willys, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Welder
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
It’s a shame that it comes as a painted color matched top only. Many of us do not want that, but I know I would have considered the power top in a flat black configuration.
I am seriously considering a wrap or to Plasti Dip just the top roof panel... I believe I prefer the black roof as well.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
I hesitate to "get involved," but my "personality" is winning out . . . ;) . . . you know, good devil, bad angel ?
I started reading from page 1 then got to the bottom, saw how many pages - wondered, "How many comments/ideas could there be?". I then moved on to the last page (so far) #5 and HERE I AM ! You know what they say about "opinions," well I agree, so I found some of these a tiny bit offensive, some very informed and some simply OK, I guess !? Point ? Not sure, but being "one of the Older Crowd," and financially "comfortable" - by NO means Affluent, just very capable of managing what I've been fortunate enough to make as a 20 year Enlisted Navy retiree with no children or Wife at this point in time ! When I started, as an E-3 out of boot camp the pay was about $500/mo. (1984) best I recall !? So, back on point . . . :beer: . . . ok, I feel quenched and so will those "well-to-do's" IF they drive their maxed out Sahara's stripped down as shown, and the windy rains show up un-expectantly ! If I were a betting man I'd bet the Manual for this version will/does WARN against such behavior - at highway speeds above 50mph !? Oh, and all the men who wear toupee's,
There won't be any FCA "Recalls or TSB's to recover your (hair)loss . . . :blush: ! Oh and to just be totally "safe," ha, there are never any offensive remarks . . . intended or otherwise insinuated . . . :giggle: . . . :clap: !

Now IMHO, If I could afford a JL Rubicon AND still get the Ursa Minor RTT AND Goose Gear flat rear deck ($$$$) I would, but I'm more inclined toward the Sport S (standard rag top) + the Rest . . . which will have me Over my Budget (~$50G's at this rate) ugh !
Should I just keep my GC and put $20G's worth of upgrades ? Hmmm, sounds like a new thread idea !?

cypherflow

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR & Evolve e-skateboard
Occupation
Super Computer Nerd
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this has been shared yet. but here's a few videos.

Sponsored