Diesel Additive?

lsp408

First Name
Li
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUS
What are some of the diesel fuel additives people using? Do new eco diesels need the additives?
Sponsored

bgriley65

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Rubicon and 2003 JK
I just picked up the Mopar brand from dealer... there are other aftermarket ones... but I wanted to be sure to keep my warranty in tact.

JLJoy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU 3.0 Diesel
I use the Diesel Kleen in mine every second or third tank. Used it in my previous diesels and never had any issues with them.

Sponsored

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
I went over the weekend to try and add additive to my tank, and diesel inlet has some kind of anti-tamper cover that won’t allow me to install a funnel in the intake. WTF do you do when you need to add this additive at the pump?

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
I went over the weekend to try and add additive to my tank, and diesel inlet has some kind of anti-tamper cover that won’t allow me to install a funnel in the intake. WTF do you do when you need to add this additive at the pump?
In your jack compartment there is a small funnel in a plastic baggie. Its designed to use the big pumps like truck stops have, AFAIK, but I use it for this use case as well. Actually just put some diesel kleen in yesterday.

Sponsored

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
In your jack compartment there is a small funnel in a plastic baggie. Its designed to use the big pumps like truck stops have, AFAIK, but I use it for this use case as well. Actually just put some diesel kleen in yesterday.
Hey thanks, I never looked in there. Guess I have something to do now.

bee3

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara High Altitude
Resurrecting an old thread here. I just found my factory funnel and tried it out, but it wouldn’t open the flap and go into the tank.

Any suggestions?

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Open the cap and pour the additive where you'd insert the pump nozzle, it'll go into the tank.

bee3

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara High Altitude
Open the cap and pour the additive where you'd insert the pump nozzle, it'll go into the tank.
It’ll just seep into the tank then? I don’t need to worry about it pooling up and spilling everywhere?
Sponsored