Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
Seeing the 392 is almost as much fun as reading posts from people here wanting to see it "catching air."

No one ever said they had too much power (except the tow truck drivers after scraping vehicles up after excessive speed accidents).
Sponsored

Rumplemenz

First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 1986 Ford Mustang Notchback
So we picked up our Jeep Wrangler 392 yesterday from St. Charles Jeep! As far as I know it is one of the very first ones in the area, and this thing is a beast! My first drive was a quick blast in the dealer parking lot and I actually giggled like a school girl when I stabbed the gas and it actually launched like a sports car. The ass end squatted and actually wanted to lift up the front end. We are already in talks with a lift company for a lift kit, and it will definitely be getting at least 37" tires on it, so stay tuned for more of the build details coming soon. I only had time to get some crappy basic pics yesterday but I did do a full walk around video and a comparison to my 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon. You can find my full walk around video here:

image?format=raw&type=orig&id=10499.jpg

image?format=raw&type=orig&id=10505.jpg
I need one... i mean for real, its the total package with that 392 in it. So siiick. Me personally i wldnt ever consider lifting it. No need to make a vehicle with that amount of power more top heavy. She’s already lifted! Keep her a two way animal.. ofcourse only my opinion. Good luck with her!

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
That sound.... U Connect 5 and 360 camera for 2022. Crossing my fingers but know it’s not likely since people are barely getting their 21s right now.
I can agree with you on updated options like the 360 degree camera and finally having a forward facing camera. I have always owned a Jeep throughout my 40 plus years of driving. Let's face it the Wrangler definitely lacks a lot of creature comforts and options for the price. My wife`s Grand cherokee Overland has every bell and whistle you can ask for and even more. Even worse is presently owning a Raptor with all of the bells and whistles and wishing Jeep would do something about the lack of power available, It has been nice having something that has the horsepower to get up and go and all of the luxury too but I miss having a wrangler and with the 392 I ordered supposedly coming in soon I will have some of the bells and whistles and FINALLY the get up and go from the factory and not having to supercharge it or give it a heart transplant. You can not even compare the two, a Jeep is not is the same category as a truck so a side by side comparison isn't even possible but maybe a check off box selection for standard and available options could be done.
I just hope that they have finally corrected all of the steering issues that have plagued some of us that have owned JLUR Wranglers

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I can agree with you on updated options like the 360 degree camera and finally having a forward facing camera. I have always owned a Jeep throughout my 40 plus years of driving. Let's face it the Wrangler definitely lacks a lot of creature comforts and options for the price. My wife`s Grand cherokee Overland has every bell and whistle you can ask for and even more. Even worse is presently owning a Raptor with all of the bells and whistles and wishing Jeep would do something about the lack of power available, It has been nice having something that has the horsepower to get up and go and all of the luxury too but I miss having a wrangler and with the 392 I ordered supposedly coming in soon I will have some of the bells and whistles and FINALLY the get up and go from the factory and not having to supercharge it or give it a heart transplant. You can not even compare the two, a Jeep is not is the same category as a truck so a side by side comparison isn't even possible but maybe a check off box selection for standard and available options could be done.
I just hope that they have finally corrected all of the steering issues that have plagued some of us that have owned JLUR Wranglers
I know the 2022 Grand Cherokee L looks stellar but it’s not a wrangler. I need a new car but I think I’m just going to use fair for a few months until 2022s are out.

Sponsored

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
Any axle upgrades on those? I'd think they'd need at least a rear 60 to hold up long term.

DUNE RAP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 2DR RUBICON
I would suggest leaving it stock for at least a couple months (3000 miles) to make sure it doesn’t have any problems. So they can’t weasel out of repairing anything under warranty.

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I would suggest leaving it stock for at least a couple months (3000 miles) to make sure it doesn’t have any problems. So they can’t weasel out of repairing anything under warranty.
Not a bad idea, unfortunately, I am plagued with this disease where I can't leave my Jeeps alone! We already have the wheels in motion... and you can't stop this 392!!!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
@ShockerRacing Hey James
Question - if you get a chance, could you measure bolt center to bolt center of front LCAs? There is mention of geometry adjustments and just curious if they installed longer LCAs possibly from Mopar Lift kit. Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@ShockerRacing Hey James
Question - if you get a chance, could you measure bolt center to bolt center of front LCAs? There is mention of geometry adjustments and just curious if they installed longer LCAs possibly from Mopar Lift kit. Thanks
Yes! I will do this asap.

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Great video and glad you had access to the tires for testing, particularly for those of us still awaiting delivery and plan to upgrade to larger tires. I am leaning towards the Nitto Ridge Grappler 37s (great tire in snow and in Moab) but on stock 392 wheels. What was the offset / backspacing of the wheels wrapped by the 37s you tested? Looked close to rubbing the LCAs on the front in your vid and wondering if a different wheel like the stock one will require spacers. Any thoughts? Thanks again for your videos.

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Great video and glad you had access to the tires for testing, particularly for those of us still awaiting delivery and plan to upgrade to larger tires. I am leaning towards the Nitto Ridge Grappler 37s (great tire in snow and in Moab) but on stock 392 wheels. What was the offset / backspacing of the wheels wrapped by the 37s you tested? Looked close to rubbing the LCAs on the front in your vid and wondering if a different wheel like the stock one will require spacers. Any thoughts? Thanks again for your videos.
I actually have the Nitto Ridge Grapplers ordered in 37x12.5's and should have them any day now. I am going to mount them on the stock wheels and will report back if I need spacers or not. I know the Method Race wheels we tried did have some backspacing to move them out a bit, so we will see.