Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Yes, there was. I see a lot of misinformation and general ignorance about this platform. it's getting old.

Were you in 4WD auto or 4WD hi for your runs, and did you notice any wheel spin?
I believe he said 4WD Hi
Sponsored

RafaelK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota 4Runner
These were done with the battery at less than 1%. I was in 4WD high. I'm happy to report that 0-60 in 6 seconds is completely feasible even with the battery discharged. I was hitting eSave+charge between attempts just to put a touch in but I was at that less than 1% state on all runs.
Click here:
Thank you for posting. I am breaking mine in so I have not gone hard on it yet. It makes me feel good to know that if I need it the power is there. Enjoy your jeep!

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
does the ICE activation trigger point in hybrid mode change at all based on the amount of battery charge? The video shows tremendous power at launch and I was just wondering if it still does the same at 100% charge levels. I would think it would be the same, but I wasn’t sure with electronic controls and ability to tune for lower emissions if you had reserve battery.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I was in hybrid mode on all of these. The battery was at the <1% point. I power braked all but the second run.
How about do it on a full charge and see if there is a difference, while there are claims that there is always a reserve, eliminate that variable and do it with a full charge, maybe the electric motor will receive more power and will be even faster.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How about do it on a full charge and see if there is a difference, while there are claims that there is always a reserve, eliminate that variable and do it with a full charge, maybe the electric motor will receive more power and will be even faster.
I would think it wouldn't make any difference. When the battery shows at 0 it still has 15% of its capacity. The electric torque is instant, so it shouldn't make any difference between showing no battery and showing 100%. Now programming could make a difference which the person was asking about. Does the programming for a higher battery percent try to keep the vehicle longer in electric only before it kicks in the ICE to help? When doing 0-60 runs, you are pushing the petal down all the way, so I'd guess it wouldn't make a difference as the ICE will come on right away.

Sponsored

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
Yeah. I was just trying to understand Chris’s video vs the Tera Flex video. In Chris’s video the 4xe is an absolute beast and the entire jeep leaps off the start. Even when he didn’t power break it. However, in the Tera flex video, the Jeep seems to just roll off out of starting block. I couldn’t tell from the video as the comment isn’t really clear where it is directed but it sounds like there is a comment about latency of pick up and that is why it lagged the ICE models.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I would think it wouldn't make any difference. When the battery shows at 0 it still has 15% of its capacity. The electric torque is instant, so it shouldn't make any difference between showing no battery and showing 100%. Now programming could make a difference which the person was asking about. Does the programming for a higher battery percent try to keep the vehicle longer in electric only before it kicks in the ICE to help? When doing 0-60 runs, you are pushing the petal down all the way, so I'd guess it wouldn't make a difference as the ICE will come on right away.
As an Engineer, you eliminate variables. Yes it might not make a difference, but we are not asking to re-launch the space shuttle here for a test, just charge up the battery and have an excuse to do another jaunt 0-60.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
These were done with the battery at less than 1%. I was in 4WD high. I'm happy to report that 0-60 in 6 seconds is completely feasible even with the battery discharged. I was hitting eSave+charge between attempts just to put a touch in but I was at that less than 1% state on all runs.
Click here:
Brandon Haneline tested the 0-60 on these and he got over 7 seconds.

This guy is usually pretty solid though.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
No to point put the obvious, but elevation, heat, humidity, etc can play a big role too. We would probably need to understand all those conditions for each vehicle to understand the differences.

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He did it from 0 rpm unlike Chris's runs. He also didn't state whether in 4 Hi or 2 Hi. The key is he started at 0 rpm imo. Any 0-60 runs done in my sports cars never started at 0 rpm.

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
Tires and road conditions are going to make a huge difference in 0-60 times - that alone could be the difference.

I'd bet someone could run 5.5 with slicks on a prepped drag strip.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Click here:
Yesssss! Thank-you!

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Motors need power to run. Power is the input voltage multiplied by the current drawn. Without a good voltage regulator, the current will increase with a drop in voltage creating excessive heat. Assuming the FCA and ZF engineers want to keep their jobs by not cooking the motors, they put a solid voltage regulator in this system. When the battery capacity drops, the voltage is still constant. That's the reason for the reserve: to ensure enough battery power to supply the correct voltage. Thank you for attending my TED talk.
Sponsored