Sponsored

80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread

kochris6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler, 2021 Wrangler, 2001 Cherokee
It's true. In ordering my 2 Door, 80th Annie, my dealer sent me this screen shot this morning showing that as soon as Proximity is checked the order system pop-up says the half doors are required. I'm in the same boat.
IMG_4615.jpg
That’s odd for sure, I got my 80th with the proximity unlock package without the special doors... not sure why some people are having issues with this

Jeep Wrangler JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread ABDA870F-CEE3-4CCD-ACEA-36629DCBDF92
Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
That’s odd for sure, I got my 80th with the proximity unlock package without the special doors... not sure why some people are having issues with this

ABDA870F-CEE3-4CCD-ACEA-36629DCBDF92.jpeg
You bought your 80th at least before the Jan price increase (and saved at least $610 in price increases as of March Order Guide.) Its seems like Jeep has changed their mind on allowing it as stand option in April's order guide (which hasn't been posted yet.) for the 80th models.

One thing with Wranglers, is that I am not used to an auto manufacturer, changing pricing, colors and features during the model year. it seems like something changes almost every month.

MudHorn4xforLife

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler 80th Anniversary Edition
You bought your 80th at least before the Jan price increase (and saved at least $610 in price increases as of March Order Guide.) Its seems like Jeep has changed their mind on allowing it as stand option in April's order guide (which hasn't been posted yet.) for the 80th models.

One thing with Wranglers, is that I am not used to an auto manufacturer, changing pricing, colors and features during the model year. it seems like something changes almost every month.
Perhaps FCA Is phasing out the 80th production. There was never a number to meet on this edition. It would only enhance current owners value eventually. Of the 248,691 wranglers sold in 2016 only 14,513 were 75th editions worldwide.

kochris6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ah yep. I ordered mine in November. I was told Sarge was going to be replaced with gecko so I hurried and ordered it while I still could. At the time I thought it was a sales trick but it might actually be true knowing how fast the color selections are changing.

Ravens100

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4, Maz CX-5, 80th Anniv JL 2-Dr (ordered)
Your sticker indicates "Unlimited Sport"....is it a 4 door? The 2-door 80th Annie's (like mine) are Sports S only and the available upgrades are more restricted. Unlimited trim not available on the 2 door 80th. I also was unable to order the Premium Soft top on the 2 door (frankly, that really annoyed me). Jeep just seems to continually change the offering throughout the model year, unlike any other MFG'er Ive ever seen.

ABDA870F-CEE3-4CCD-ACEA-36629DCBDF92.jpeg

Sponsored

kochris6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your sticker indicates "Unlimited Sport"....is it a 4 door? The 2-door 80th Annie's (like mine) are Sports S only and the available upgrades are more restricted. Unlimited trim not available on the 2 door 80th. I also was unable to order the Premium Soft top on the 2 door (frankly, that really annoyed me). Jeep just seems to continually change the offering throughout the model year, unlike any other MFG'er Ive ever seen.
‘Wrangler Unlimited’ means 4-door. The two-door model is called ‘Wrangler’. The package is called ‘Sport S 80th’ for either version.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Perhaps FCA Is phasing out the 80th production. There was never a number to meet on this edition. It would only enhance current owners value eventually. Of the 248,691 wranglers sold in 2016 only 14,513 were 75th editions worldwide.
Perhaps they are phasing them out. I looked at Jeep's vehicle locator and there are 62 JL80th's within 250 miles of my house. When I ordered my 80th, I know it was over 200 JLU80th. I looked a month ago and it was well with in to the 100's. That being said, when I went to the dealer to test drive Jeep and check out the different colors, options, and models, they had 20 Wrangler (2 80th's) in inventory. My Jeep came in yesterday and I looked today at the dealers inventory and they have only 1 Wrangler FS on the lot. It very well come be the spring demand, stimulus and some panic of the chip shortage.

Ravens100

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4, Maz CX-5, 80th Anniv JL 2-Dr (ordered)
‘Wrangler Unlimited’ means 4-door. The two-door model is called ‘Wrangler’. The package is called ‘Sport S 80th’ for either version.
:like: Thanks, I did not realize Unlimited and 4 door went hand-in-hand, but it makes sense based on what I see, and yes unlike the "Unlimited", I was in fact limited on what I could upgrade on my 2-door, LOL.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Would anyone know if the JTOP mesh cover will interfere with the factory grab handles? Pictures appreciated

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I'm going thru the same thing with "Proximity" upgrade. Another thread specifically about "Proximity" was started this morning also confirming it. I'm ordering (today)a 2 Dr 80th Anniversary Sport and cannot order "PROXIMITY- Keyless Entry" unless the Dual Door Grp is ordered. The 80th Anniversary group includes regular keyless entry, but the Proximity upgrade is only avail with certain 80th Anniversary's (Rubicon, Unltd). On an 80th Anniversary Sport we apparently need to add the Dual Door upgrade to allow ordering Proximity, regardless of what the Build Tool on Jeep.com shows.

The April Order Guide now reflects what you are seeing. The Remote Proximity is restricted on the 80th (and all sport variations) with dual doors for 2 and 4 doors models. The price also increased to $325 as well for all Wranglers except the 4Xe and 392.

Jeep finally corrected the order to remove the 80th Oak Medallion from the package list that no one has received