Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I can unhook my front swaybar via the tazer and with the new resi shocks on a nice firm setting the Jeep drives and handles better than my RAM 2500 with full suspension and king 2.5's. I can literally blast over stuff at high speed and it will drive itself down the road with a pinky. The only thing it's missing is a decent f*cking steering gearbox and I keep waiting and waiting and getting bs from local dealers about ordering it. The Bronco in the videos has MUCH better shocks on it than anything they put on a jeep from the factory.

Btw, I paid $42k for my Rubi JLUR with every available option except 7'' vs 8.4 screen, leather and proximitity bs, all stuff I didn't want. $47.5 TTL and 125k extended warranty out the door.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
My factory order 2 Dr Rubicon with hard top,8 spd, Steel bumpers, LED package and cold weather package cost me just over 41K, so not sure about the 50K. 10% off MSRP is usually the norm.
That said, only you can decide which one is a better value for your use case.
It is interesting that you are still hanging around in the Jeep forum long after deciding on not buying one. If you are looking for validation on your purchase decision, I don't think you will find it in a JL forum :) Or maybe your heart is still set on a Jeep?
What was the msrp? You can argue about what you paid all day long but the only true comparison is msrp. To get everything I ordered on the Bronco Jeeps msrp is over $52k, with the non color hardtop/flares.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...CodeList=WRANGLER|Rubicon&clickType=spotlight
The above Jeep is the exact options I tried to purchase last summer. The best priced ca dealer as told by me here said $3k discount was best he could do on an order. Local dealer who had 4(exact same options as one above) said $2.5k off. I purchased F250 Tremor for the same price. The Bronco I have ordered at $48.8k msrp has more options than the Jeep above.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Have to admit, I'm impressed too. I want one not gonna lie. Those quick release fenders are pretty rad. Guess we'll have to see what gremlins arise with all the electronics. Not that it's much more than a JL's but yeah, it's a lot more lol. Also $60k for the 'real' offroad package would be hard to swallow, then have to purchase coilovers (which it sounds like aren't available to the gen public yet) for 37's.
I had to laugh when they were all a gasp when the hit the button to release the sway bar and the wheel dropped. I guess it's fine for the absent minded but most hit the button in the beginning of the trail.

Personally I'm not impressed with much of anything on the bronco except the motor, but jeep has even got that beat now and it appears to be ready for delivery.

Looks arent that impressive
Fender flares are down right ugly and it's great to quick release them fast lol
The rear end looks just like a jeep
It has IFS! yuk!
It has IFS! Great for high speed stuff and will be fun doing it.

I priced one out with what I would want and it came to 57k vs a what I got in my rubicon and got for 43k. The difference being that motor (2.7) I'd like that for sure but still not complaining about my 3.6

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had to laugh when they were all a gasp when the hit the button to release the sway bar and the wheel dropped. I guess it's fine for the absent minded but most hit the button in the beginning of the trail.
Just more things to break. I'm about to toss my smartbar for a currie anti-rock front and prob rear as well. I've been deactivating the front swaybar via tazer swaykill every time I hit the road and with the 100x better than stock shocks body roll isn't much different than with it connected, however ride is HUGELY improved. I'm thinking the anti-rocks would be perfect and I won't have to unlock shit.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
In my lifetime I've owned a 1980 K5 Blazer, 1999 TJ and now a 2021 JLUR. I was definitely enamored with the Bronco. I've loved them since the first edition (Minus the Bronco 2). It was my understanding there was at least a year wait and there would not be much wiggle room on price under MSRP. With that in mind I went back to Jeep and was able to negotiate a great deal for myself. Now the I have it, I'm happy with my decision. I look forward to seeing some Broncos coming down the road too. The more off-road vehicles the better, and Jeep will have to innovate some more in order to keep up with having some direct competition. The consumer wins as long as they stay with IFS.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Just more things to break.
This is my big concern. As much as I like how much Ford has crammed in, as well as making them far more customizable per-trim-level than Jeep is doing............ All these fancy features are all the things that seem to fail the most. I can't tell you how many stupid sensors we've had to take our Explorer in to have replaced, or reset, etc, etc, and it's such a space ship a lot of it is hard or impossible to do yourself as an average Joe.

Obviously no vehicle is immune to problems, but given the electrical gremlins we've had on an existing ford vehicle, it's a big one I'm wary about.

I greatly appreciate that Jeep lets me get an "un-smart" vehicle relative to others out there hah.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is my big concern. As much as I like how much Ford has crammed in, as well as making them far more customizable per-trim-level than Jeep is doing............ All these fancy features are all the things that seem to fail the most. I can't tell you how many stupid sensors we've had to take our Explorer in to have replaced, or reset, etc, etc, and it's such a space ship a lot of it is hard or impossible to do yourself as an average Joe.

Obviously no vehicle is immune to problems, but given the electrical gremlins we've had on an existing ford vehicle, it's a big one I'm wary about.

I greatly appreciate that Jeep lets me get an "un-smart" vehicle relative to others out there hah.
If there wasn't a tazer device for the Jeep JL I probably wouldn't have purchased it. If I can't disable nannies then I don't want another modern 4WD vehicle. Drives me nuts in the truck and (other than hard wiring stuff) no way to disable them.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
The more off-road vehicles the better
I'm going to disagree with this. In one way you're definitely right. It's better for the consumer, competition makes things better drives down prices. But when I first moved to Colorado before the JK came out, owning a Jeep (or vehicle like it) meant making some serious compromises that many were not willing to make. So generally Jeep trails were pretty quiet places and you could use them to get away from the crowd. With the 4 doors the number of compromises people had to make was greatly reduced and trail use exploded. Not only the crowds but all of the bad things that come along with it (litter, off trail, assholes in general). Adding more off road vehicles to the market, I think it's fair to expect more trail users and more problems. (don't get me started on side by side rental companies) So you're right, but the grumpy old man within me would like to see the offroad vehicle market go back to crappy little two seaters only.

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I'm going to disagree with this. In one way you're definitely right. It's better for the consumer, competition makes things better drives down prices. But when I first moved to Colorado before the JK came out, owning a Jeep (or vehicle like it) meant making some serious compromises that many were not willing to make. So generally Jeep trails were pretty quiet places and you could use them to get away from the crowd. With the 4 doors the number of compromises people had to make was greatly reduced and trail use exploded. Not only the crowds but all of the bad things that come along with it (litter, off trail, assholes in general). Adding more off road vehicles to the market, I think it's fair to expect more trail users and more problems. (don't get me started on side by side rental companies) So you're right, but the grumpy old man within me would like to see the offroad vehicle market go back to crappy little two seaters only.
I see your point from that view. But maybe, just maybe they will expand into having more trails also.

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

Personally I'm not impressed with much of anything on the bronco except the motor, but jeep has even got that beat now and it appears to be ready for delivery.

Looks arent that impressive
Fender flares are down right ugly and it's great to quick release them fast lol
The rear end looks just like a jeep
It has IFS! yuk!
It has IFS! Great for high speed stuff and will be fun doing it.

I priced one out with what I would want and it came to 57k vs a what I got in my rubicon and got for 43k. The difference being that motor (2.7) I'd like that for sure but still not complaining about my 3.6
I was curious. So I priced out both vehicles same options.
Jeep 3.6 auto $60,395. $58,705 without safety features standard on Bronco Lux pack.
Bronco Wildtrak 2.7 auto SAS Lux $57,130
Of course a bare bones Rubi will be less than a full optioned Bronco.

IFS with sway disconnect has done everything the oem Rubicon can do. It actually gives more ground clearance up front. Of course once modified you are correct live will have more articulation. Then again once modified one can with a full long arm ifs like trophy trucks.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco F48CA856-D2EC-4010-895B-300A6BC04A31

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
What was the msrp? You can argue about what you paid all day long but the only true comparison is msrp. To get everything I ordered on the Bronco Jeeps msrp is over $52k, with the non color hardtop/flares.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=549883661&zip=95409&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=95409&city=Santa+Rosa&incremental=all&modelCodeList=WRANGLER&makeCodeList=JEEP&transmissionCodes=MAN&listingTypes=NEW&sortBy=relevance&location=%5Bobject+Object%5D&state=CA&firstRecord=0&marketExtension=include&relevanceConfig=default&searchRadius=500&trimCodeList=WRANGLER%7CRubicon&isNewSearch=false&listingTypes=NEW&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&modelCodeList=WRANGLER&makeCodeList=JEEP&searchRadius=500&trimCodeList=WRANGLER|Rubicon&clickType=spotlight
The above Jeep is the exact options I tried to purchase last summer. The best priced ca dealer as told by me here said $3k discount was best he could do on an order. Local dealer who had 4(exact same options as one above) said $2.5k off. I purchased F250 Tremor for the same price. The Bronco I have ordered at $48.8k msrp has more options than the Jeep above.
I totally disagree that MSRP is the right comparison. Street price makes more sense. That’s the actual money out of your pocket!

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was curious. So I priced out both vehicles same options.
Jeep 3.6 auto $60,395. $58,705 without safety features standard on Bronco Lux pack.
Bronco Wildtrak 2.7 auto SAS Lux $57,130
Of course a bare bones Rubi will be less than a full optioned Bronco.

IFS with sway disconnect has done everything the oem Rubicon can do. It actually gives more ground clearance up front. Of course once modified you are correct live will have more articulation. Then again once modified one can with a full long arm ifs like trophy trucks.
F48CA856-D2EC-4010-895B-300A6BC04A31.jpeg
LOL, good luck getting an ultra narrow IRS in a publicly available, DOT legal anything.

Last edited: