Sponsored

Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation!

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
While I do not yet have my 392, I have heard second hand that the hood is a steel Mojave unit but with the extra plastic guides and rubber flaps - so it will be heavier than the Mojave hood.
I have since ordered the Mojave set of struts (with carbon fiber tubes) in hopes they will work - if not then I guess ebay is next.
Hello Dirk, Please keep us informed how they work once you receive your 392. We do have higher force gas springs available if the force you currently have for the Mojave hood is insufficient. 👍

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Redline Tuning is there a torque spec on the brackets that fasten to the hood and fender.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Hello Dirk, Please keep us informed how they work once you receive your 392. We do have higher force gas springs available if the force you currently have for the Mojave hood is insufficient. 👍
Wilco.

Sponsored

Bumps Ahead

First Name
Valerie & Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ontherocks4x4.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Happy Wife, Happy Life....
Vehicle Showcase
Patiently awaiting my 4XE delivery and wonder if anyone can confirm there is no “fit” issues with the charging port being near that right side mount? The accessory pile is growing and these seem a worthy addition!

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Patiently awaiting my 4XE delivery and wonder if anyone can confirm there is no “fit” issues with the charging port being near that right side mount? The accessory pile is growing and these seem a worthy addition!
I can not find any decent under hood pictures of the 4XE online, so I can't say right now. As soon as yours is delivered you can PM us some pictures and we will advise of any fitment issues.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
This was one of the first things I attached to my jeep a year and a half ago, love it.

I noticed a week ago that the Driver-side retaining clip for the top of the strut has become quite rusty. Glanced at the rest but it seems like it's just the one. Bad coating on that one clip maybe?

Does anybody know the name for those clips so I can try to source a piece? I'll probably pop it off and clean and paint it if I can't find one.

Nevermind everyone, the company contacted me and they're sending me new clips. Great service, can't recommend enough.

I'll rub a bit of Fluid Film or somethung on them this time, like I should have originally, living in the Mid-Atlantic. Otherwise, no worries.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

My plus set is out for delivery today. Just waiting on UPS.

Hopefully the weather holds so I can get them installed later.
Sponsored