STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Seriously, how hard would it be to equip Jeep Chat with this information. It's in a computer. I am not upset by delays if I just know what the eff is happening.
I'd love to see a site with a fully animated production line with live cameras at all the stops to show vehicle progress through assembly. "The story of my Jeep!" Hell, if Dominoes Pizza can animate my toppings, baking and delivery, Jeep can surely do something more for our beloved All-New Wranglers! Sounds like the old VOTS tracking system would have given us the right details but now you need a dealer login to get that same info...

At least the Build Sheet and Window Sticker information is easy to get, when available... If anyone here did not have that already, here are the links, just put your full VIN at the end.

https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

If anyone is curious about it but doesn't have a VIN, lookup a local dealer on Jeep.com and copy the VIN from local inventory to see the equipment sheets and window stickers. The links above work for all FCA vehicles, not just Wranglers.

RubiconZ

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Sergio said up to the last 6 of your vin is line number, if they are on 6480 starting 2nd shift and mine is 212432, they crank out 894 average a day, should have mine February next year...

Sponsored

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
Looking at the ones in the tracking sheet that I know are Sting Gray, you appear to have the lowest VIN, so maybe you'll be first up in the group.
He replied “5400 in line from the starting gate, I would guess it will start late next week.” So I guess lowest vin doesn’t matter

Torenhall

First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JKU HR
He replied “5400 in line from the starting gate, I would guess it will start late next week.” So I guess lowest vin doesn’t matter
I don't think it doesn't matter. I don't think it's gospel either. I think it roughly indicates the order of production. As does Sergio.

Don't be doubting on Sergio bro. Not cool

RubiconZ

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So they start yours in a week, takes 3weeks with no shortages and then 30-75 days to get shipped, 4 months if they ship storage units first...

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
I don't think it doesn't matter. I don't think it's gospel either. I think it roughly indicates the order of production. As does Sergio.

Don't be doubting on Sergio bro. Not cool
I’m not doubting him, my dealer said 4/21 ship date, so I’m guessing that is actually going to be the build date.

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
So they start yours in a week, takes 3weeks with no shortages and then 30-75 days to get shipped, 4 months if they ship storage units first...
I will be getting my deposit back if I don’t have it by june. Just sayin

Sponsored

Torenhall

First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JKU HR
I’m not doubting him, my dealer said 4/21 ship date, so I’m guessing that is actually going to be the build date.
And that's probably going to be before mine. And your VIN is lower than mine, right? So far the VIN theory holds.

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Darn. We need secret decoder rings, or something.

RubiconZ

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
They are 100k past your vin, and o haven’t gotten one yet. Ruby red I ordered for wife day after mine has vin, so basic math hers starts in roughly 167 Days, why doesn’t my stinger have a vin??!! Dealer inquired as did I, not all parts are available to build, color matching hardtop.... FML!!!

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
And that's probably going to be before mine. And your VIN is lower than mine, right? So far the VIN theory holds.
Nah, here is another reply

“VIN is 1C4HJXFG3JW191540. Would love a update. Thanks
You are 788 in the gateline. So your car should enter the body shop sometime tomorrow.”

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
And I think my VIN is just a few numbers less than you. We ordered one day apart. My dealer says 4/20 ship date. Yours 4/21. So the info you’re getting is consistent regarding VIN and Ship date.
Sponsored