First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I have seen a few Rubicons with the factory Rubicon Rock Rails that have some rocker panel damage where the rock rail flexed upward and into the rocker panel causing some minor body damage. I wanted rock sliders that attached only to the frame but do not attach to the body mounts. I had Shrockworks rock sliders on my 2 door JK and they worked very well. So I choose the Shrockworks rock sliders for my 2021 JLURD. The reason I mention it is a diesel is because of an oversight in the installation instructions. The instructions indicate the fuel tank and fuel tank skid plate are on the right side. However, with the diesel, the fuel tank/skid plate are on the left side. I was concerned thinking that the rails may not fit the diesel. However, no worries. The rock rails install the same way on the diesel with the tank on the left side. I like the looks of the new rock rails and I believe the Jeep is now better protected than it was with the OEM Rubicon rock rails. Plus the rail gives my wife a step to help her enter and exit.

Now, time for a wash!

20210319_161222.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Shrockworks makes good stuff. My JLURD will be my 3rd vehicle in a row with their sliders. I’m still waiting for delivery of my sliders and F bumper. I wish Shrock was. Little quicker at delivery.

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
They look great! I’ve had Shrockworks bumpers on some Toyota’s in the past and they’ve always been high quality.

I’m considering their JL sliders however I want something that tucks up a little higher and closer to the body. I’ve been looking at the option from VKS but am still undecided.

runklda

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Anymore pics? I ran Shrockworks stuff on my Xterra and didn’t even think to look for my Jeep.

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Shrockworks makes good stuff. My JLURD will be my 3rd vehicle in a row with their sliders. I’m still waiting for delivery of my sliders and F bumper. I wish Shrock was. Little quicker at delivery.
My order was delayed because the power went out in Texas and the powder coater had to wait for the power to be restored. It was worth the wait.

Sponsored

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How do these mount? Body?
They mount directly to the frame without using the body mounts. No drilling required on the Unlimited as they use existing holes in the frame. They do not touch the body.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
How about some pics from underneath showing how they are mounted, etc

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Sponsored

JRostek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Sorry to bring up a little older of a post! The Shrockworks rails look pretty sturdy. 2 Quick questions if you dont mind:

1) How far do the stick out from the door? I know some of the angled rails might stick out 2 inches. Trying to figure out how good of a step these will be

2) How bad was the lead time on these?

Thanks!

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
1) How far do the stick out from the door? I know some of the angled rails might stick out 2 inches. Trying to figure out how good of a step these will be

3 inches from the vertical plane of the door. I do use then as a step, but I would say as a step, they are marginal but OK. The angled upward round tube protects the side and the lower square tube protects from the bottom

The time from order to delivery was about 4 weeks. However, at the time of my order there was a poweroutage in Texas due to the storms so the powder coater was delayed for 1 week.

Last edited:

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I've had shrockworks on 3 vehicles now and have been a customer since 2005. The wait is annoying, but it is worth it. They make excellent products that are well thought out and are not rushed to market. Until Covid, Shrockworks was significantly longer than all the other companies, but a lot of companies that didn't use to have delivery waits, now do and Shrock has seems to keep their delivery times the same. For Sliders it is best to expect 1month for delivery, bumpers are a few months. It is very rare Shrock will delivery late, usually a little early.

With their sliders you will find they don't hang as low as others which won't hurt your breakover or clearance, stick out in the right places to protect adequately and are well fixed to the vehicle where they don't flex up into the body at the distal ends like some sliders have been known to do when impacted.

The step is big enough to use, but isn't huge so you are using your balls of your feet. With the JLs I like the tread plate they have, one it gives more surface to step on which makes it more useful and it helps hide the pinch seam which increases the looks department.

JRostek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

3 inches from the vertical plane of the door. I do use then as a step, but I would say as a step, they are marginal but OK. The angled upward round tube protects the side and the lower square tube protects from the bottom

The time from order to delivery was about 4 weeks. However, at the time of my order there was a poweroutage in Texas due to the storms so the powder coater was delayed for 1 week.
Thank you so much for answering my questions! I appreciate it!

JRostek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I've had shrockworks on 3 vehicles now and have been a customer since 2005. The wait is annoying, but it is worth it. They make excellent products that are well thought out and are not rushed to market. Until Covid, Shrockworks was significantly longer than all the other companies, but a lot of companies that didn't use to have delivery waits, now do and Shrock has seems to keep their delivery times the same. For Sliders it is best to expect 1month for delivery, bumpers are a few months. It is very rare Shrock will delivery late, usually a little early.

With their sliders you will find they don't hang as low as others which won't hurt your breakover or clearance, stick out in the right places to protect adequately and are well fixed to the vehicle where they don't flex up into the body at the distal ends like some sliders have been known to do when impacted.

The step is big enough to use, but isn't huge so you are using your balls of your feet. With the JLs I like the tread plate they have, one it gives more surface to step on which makes it more useful and it helps hide the pinch seam which increases the looks department.
Thanks for the feedback! From what I've read Shrockworks seems like the way to go. The toughest part on this is trying to figure out if the step will be big enough to assist in getting in the JL
Sponsored