Sponsored

Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation!

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Redline Tuning whats the main difference between the basic and elite, my thinking is buy once cry once and I don’t mind spending alittle more if it’s worth it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
@Redline Tuning whats the main difference between the basic and elite, my thinking is buy once cry once and I don’t mind spending alittle more if it’s worth it.
Hello Will,
It's personal preference between the PLUS and ELITE system. The PLUS looks more OEM due to the black gas springs. The only difference between the PLUS and ELITE is the finish of the gas springs and the warranty, they function exactly the same. 👍

QuickLIFT PLUS features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* Black e-coated gas springs
* 4 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-02.htm

QuickLIFT ELITE features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* 316L Stainless Steel gas springs
* 5 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-03.htm

Free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems using coupon code "JL Wrangler forum" at checkout.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Have decided to order a set of these based on everyone’s input so with that said should I go for the Plus or Elite .....There is a small obvious change in price but in the scheme of things not that much just wondering if it’s worth it so what say the group ?

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Have decided to order a set of these based on everyone’s input so with that said should I go for the Plus or Elite .....There is a small obvious change in price but in the scheme of things not that much just wondering if it’s worth it so what say the group ?
I didn't want the stainless steel look, so I went for the Plus with the blacked out hardware.

I'm happy with my purchase. Hell, even the dealership guys like it.

With the quality this kit has, I think you'll be happy with either decision.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Correct. I had to completely remove the Mopar grab handles as the sunrider frame wouldn't sit properly on the Jeep.

I think for a 100% guaranteed seal you'd have to lose grab handles of any kind....
I didn't want the stainless steel look, so I went for the Plus with the blacked out hardware.

I'm happy with my purchase. Hell, even the dealership guys like it.

With the quality this kit has, I think you'll be happy with either decision.
I do like the look of the lesser costly set as it seems to match better with the existing hardware on the Jeep I was just looking at the longevity of the components plus the added 1 year warranty

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Well just placed my order for the pro set as it just looks like it will match the OEM hardware under the hood, hopefully will have in hand by weeks ends but am traveling so the install will have to wait but maybe I can get them in early and have them installed by Saturday, install looks pretty easy.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Will there be a dedicated set of struts for the slightly heavier 392 hood?
For the record, I have your product on both my JKUR and JTR.

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Will there be a dedicated set of struts for the slightly heavier 392 hood?
For the record, I have your product on both my JKUR and JTR.
We are currently trying to find a 392 to come to our shop for a fitment and functionality check. We have heard the hood is heavy and want to see if it's even heavier that the steel Mojave hood.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Redline Tuning i am so far throughly impressed, I just placed my order late last night and have already received notice from you it’s been shipped and have a tracking number :like:

Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
This was one of the first things I attached to my jeep a year and a half ago, love it.

I noticed a week ago that the Driver-side retaining clip for the top of the strut has become quite rusty. Glanced at the rest but it seems like it's just the one. Bad coating on that one clip maybe?

Does anybody know the name for those clips so I can try to source a piece? I'll probably pop it off and clean and paint it if I can't find one.

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
This was one of the first things I attached to my jeep a year and a half ago, love it.

I noticed a week ago that the Driver-side retaining clip for the top of the strut has become quite rusty. Glanced at the rest but it seems like it's just the one. Bad coating on that one clip maybe?

Does anybody know the name for those clips so I can try to source a piece? I'll probably pop it off and clean and paint it if I can't find one.
Contact us via PM and we will send out a replacement end fitting. 👍

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
We are currently trying to find a 392 to come to our shop for a fitment and functionality check. We have heard the hood is heavy and want to see if it's even heavier that the steel Mojave hood.
While I do not yet have my 392, I have heard second hand that the hood is a steel Mojave unit but with the extra plastic guides and rubber flaps - so it will be heavier than the Mojave hood.
I have since ordered the Mojave set of struts (with carbon fiber tubes) in hopes they will work - if not then I guess ebay is next.
Sponsored