Sponsored

Did you get the proximity entry feature with your JL?

Did you get the proximity entry feature with your JL?

• Total voters

jeepskate

First Name
L.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Speed 6
It blows my mind that a vehicle costing around 50K, almost fully loaded, wouldn't have the proximity feature added. It's annoying, because I'd prefer to buy an existing vehicle rather than wait a couple months for a custom build. But I've got to have that feature.
Sponsored

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
It blows my mind that a vehicle costing around 50K, almost fully loaded, wouldn't have the proximity feature added. It's annoying, because I'd prefer to buy an existing vehicle rather than wait a couple months for a custom build. But I've got to have that feature.

Does anyone know if it can be added after the fact?

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Does anyone know if it can be added after the fact?
This is the reply I received from JeepCares on April 12: "At this time customers will not be able add this feature after the vehicle is delivered."

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Agreed. I had to cancel my first order in Feb that the dealer told me had proximity entry. They didn't know there was a difference between keyless and proximity. Luckily I discovered their error and could cancel in time (too late to modify the original order). The same dealer that told me the JLU towing capacity was 1,000lbs (it is 3,500lbs).

Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
THE SYSTEM WORKS GREAT. I love it

To unlock the door grab the door handle (ONLY)

To lock the door push the button (ONLY)

If you grab the handle and push the button your door will do nothing.

You have to do one or the other.

TRY IT WORKS VERY WELL.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Agreed. I had to cancel my first order in Feb that the dealer told me had proximity entry. They didn't know there was a difference between keyless and proximity. Luckily I discovered their error and could cancel in time (too late to modify the original order). The same dealer that told me the JLU towing capacity was 1,000lbs (it is 3,500lbs).
Yeah, a lot of people make the innocent mistake of thinking Jeep dealerships actually knows things about Jeeps.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
How sad that sometimes we know more than the salesman but then then who wants that job standing around all day not selling Vehicles all day and not getting paid and have to chase people on golf carts as we drive on the lot I hate that so much when they follow me. I pretending to be to be on the cell and they waited 20 minutes so I drove off. How sad for them

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
Have it with my last car, and my wife's car had it too. I love it. Can I live without it, sure, but it'sso much easier when I don't need to reach for my keys.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I probably won’t order it. I never lock my Jeep because the windows are fabric and there’s no point. I just don’t keep anything of value in it. I’d rather somebody rummage through and just steal some tissue than tear up my Jeel trying to find something of value.

Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
ordered mine in October, this wasnt an option yet. Now im kicking myself because this key is massive and trying to pry it from a jean pocket with groceries or something in you hand is a nightmare. Going to look at aftermarket or trying to add it. Hate not having it

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
I didn't get the proximity entry. My wife's Acadia has it and I like it but opted to not get it. I rarely lock the doors anyways when I have my soft-top on.

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Doesn't have it, and I hate that. My Grand Cherokee had it and I thought i woulnd't care about it. Wow, was I wrong. I hate having to dig my key out of my pocket now just to unlock/lock my vehicle. It's obviously a convenience feature but if you're used to it I would definitely order with.

The main reason I don't have it is because I was impatient and wanted the JL "now" and found one en-route to my dealer that I purchased. Live and learn.

inn8ive

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Technical Director
Vehicle Showcase
Never thought I'd need it. But then I took the doors off. I like to keep my FOB in the center console with the doors off just as a precaution so it doesn't fall out of my pocket when driving. The doors auto-lock at 20mph or whatever, and then I hop out to grab something out of the back and the tailgate's locked. Now I have to go grab the FOB out of the console and unlock the door(s).

First world problems for sure, but with a loaded car, it's one thing I wish I would've added for a small price.

Mousehunter

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLRU
No. Did not realize it was not included after purchase was made. Salesman ALWAYS unlocked door, last 3 cars had it and it was called keyless entry and keyless start

Wife did not realize it was missing until next day. So there is a decent level of annoyance. At a minimum it should be available as a dealer add on
Sponsored