Sponsored

Is it truly 470lbs torque all day or diminishing torque based on electric power

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Saw another video, owner described acceleration in hybrid mode "similar to what I had with my V6". But he said once you get more than ~2/3's into the throttle then the ICE kicks in & you really feel the power. My question would be what rpm does the 2.0L rev to at that 2/3 throttle? Sounds like you gotta really romp on the throttle to tap into those torques - but who drives like that? (Probably more people than I would think huh ;))

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I think one of the reasons they used the 2.0 is usuable torque is at a pretty low rpm, so it supplements the electric motor quickly. It is also more fuel efficient.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Saw another video, owner described acceleration in hybrid mode "similar to what I had with my V6". But he said once you get more than ~2/3's into the throttle then the ICE kicks in & you really feel the power. My question would be what rpm does the 2.0L rev to at that 2/3 throttle? Sounds like you gotta really romp on the throttle to tap into those torques - but who drives like that? (Probably more people than I would think huh ;))
It won't be at a fixed rpm since the rpm will be different depending on what gear you're in, which will be changing based on multiple variables.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LJ_3M121318

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Couldn't find anything newer than this

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it truly 470lbs torque all day or diminishing torque based on electric power Turbo.PNG
That's a fascinating chart. Is this from an official chart?

And the vertical is the torque? And horizontal is RPM/1000?

But still this is just comparing the gas engines, not including the hybrid battery right?

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

But still this is just comparing the gas engines, not including the hybrid battery right?
Yes, you would add the 200 torque from the electric motor to get 470. You only get 470 when the 2.0 is making max torque.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Yes, you would add the 200 torque from the electric motor to get 470. You only get 470 when the 2.0 is making max torque.
I'm just trying to get my head around what 'daily driving' would feel like with this setup. In battery-only mode, 200lb/ft will rely Heavily on gearing. And you'd be at/near 3,000rpm with the ICE to reach 440lb/ft. Trying to understand how the system addresses that gap.
And you can reach that TQ at 1,400 rpm w/ the diesel

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those with video reviews so far have been pleasantly surprised about electric pickup only and have not had any issue with it. The one I watched was the Rubicon.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I'm just trying to get my head around what 'daily driving' would feel like with this setup. In battery-only mode, 200lb/ft will rely Heavily on gearing. And you'd be at/near 3,000rpm with the ICE to reach 440lb/ft. Trying to understand how the system addresses that gap.
And you can reach that TQ at 1,400 rpm w/ the diesel
If you're cruising at 1400rpm and stomp on, the auto transmission will instantly shift into a lower gear so that you'll be in an rpm range with more torque. I think you're forgetting that based on multiple variables the automatic transmission will also be working to keep you in an appropriate rpm band.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
With DBW, 2/3 throttle input usually doesn't equal 2/3 output. I'm sure there is some trickery going on here.

Couldn't find anything newer than this

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it truly 470lbs torque all day or diminishing torque based on electric power Turbo.PNG
See my signature for how they all compare.

That's not official (it's from ExtremeTerrain.com), and it's actually kind of misleading. Their results are some of the highest 3.6 numbers, and lowest 2.0 numbers. See my signature for more info.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Ok look at this guy's info = it shows 100.1 miles, 66.4 on battery + 33.7 ice. So he had several short trips & recharged multiple times. Am I reading this correctly?

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it truly 470lbs torque all day or diminishing torque based on electric power 1618315686542

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
Ok look at this guy's info = it shows 100.1 miles, 66.4 on battery + 33.7 ice. So he had several short trips & recharged multiple times. Am I reading this correctly?

Jeep Wrangler JL Is it truly 470lbs torque all day or diminishing torque based on electric power 1618315686542
That was the video that I was asking about how mpg was determined on the trip computer. I really doubt that the 4xe is getting 29.3 mpg in hybrid mode. It is even less likely that it is only getting 10 mpg if the trip computer totally disregards the battery usage. I only see two likely scenarios. One is a full battery assists the normal hybrid to get very high mpg while the engine is running. The other is the computer figures out a "mpg" number while it is in electric only and then averages it with the gas mpg.