No sound from the soundbar...???

cride1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Did you use the Metra adapters? They are wired backwards resulting in reversed polarity. That may result in the system thinking there is an issue and shutting the rear speakers down.

Good deal. Went all through mine, and can't find a thing wrong. Speakers are just not getting signal. Gonna have to take it into the shop that did the install that I told I'd never do business again regarding another issue I had with them.
What part of WV are you in?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Crusifix

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Did you use the Metra adapters? They are wired backwards resulting in reversed polarity. That may result in the system thinking there is an issue and shutting the rear speakers down.

That is what I am thinking. I am eventually going to hardwire the fronts as well. Metra should be ashamed. After looking into it, this has been a known issue since late 2018.

GRyde717

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Since it is the alpine premium system, I bet the issue is what others were discussing on another post that I can’t recall.
The jist of it is that the alpine system senses the resistance of the speakers and if they are any different from healthy factory speakers, it shuts down that channel to “protect itself.”

I have also heard that the impedance of the stock alpine system is 2ohms, though I haven’t been able to confirm that myself. If it is indeed 2ohms and your aftermarket speakers are 4ohms, it is not only effectively halving the power but can also be the possible cause of the issue.

The only thing I know is to replace the speakers with the factory ones and see if the audio comes back at all. That will tell you if you are experiencing this issue or a whole different one altogether.
Perhaps someone will know a better diagnostic method.
Is there a way to stop this? Replaced dash speakers and they keep kicking in and out. When I restart the Jeep they work till they don’t. Rinse and repeat. Anyway around this?

TulsaRobin

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
So, all of the sudden I am not getting any sound from my soundbar. This is with the factory Alpine system. I have adjusted the fade, and when i go full back there is not sound. Centered, it is just from the fronts. Is this a HU issue, or maybe the factory amp? I had turned the fade to the front several days ago since my kids were in the back watching their tablets, and I am wondering if it just isn't adjusting them after that? Does anyone have any ideas for where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks!

Okay, folks, I also lost sound to my sound bar speakers. I had the radio on while doing the MBQUART sound bar upgrade to 6x9 speakers. I discovered that as soon as you disconnect the speakers, the radio/amp stop sending power to them. It just disables the wires.

THE FIX:

With the car off, pull the fuses for the radio “F97” and the amp “F12”, then plug in all affected speakers. Put the fuses back in, start the car and everything should work. Good luck and I hope this helps.
Sponsored