What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Yes, I did it on purpose that way because I didn’t like the way they looked with the housing up! Plus my Camry has hood shocks faced with housing down and the car has 300k miles on it and they haven’t failed yet so I’m not too concerned.
Just wanted to give you a heads up in case it was an accident. They are self lubricating shockings. Not sure if it will cause a problem or not.

Cheers 🍻

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Installed Fishbone Offroad front, rear bumpers and front skid plate. Runva 11XPS winch, Fishbone plate flip down thing, Rough Country rear plate relocate. Oracle Side Tracks and RR AMFIB.

Fishbone stuff is super solid, very well packed and simple install. Worst part was tearing apart plastic bumpers to get fog harness and parking sessors out.
Winch will be installed with solenoid so I can power it with Aux switches.

Oracles are an easy install but running through passenger firewall was a bit of a challenge.

Rugged Ridge AMFIB I actually put on about 2 weeks ago, it's already collapsing and I have a friend sending me the 3D printed parts to solve it (plans are on another thread on here) it's too bad, it's a great design, but terrible material. They really need to address this at RR.

RC plate relocate is good quality but their included directions are absolute garbage. For instance. When splicing into the tail light harness for plate light, they say to slice in the the "4th and 6th" wires....lol. They're literally coloured, why wouldn't they use that? Plus they don't explain at all about removing rear trim with subwoofer other than "3 track bolts" which is not even the case.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? FB_IMG_1618164550473
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? FB_IMG_1618164554847

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
After careful review, the play on the field has been altered: removed the hood mounts to cut off some rubber. The extra rubber kept water around and didn’t serve a purpose. Also painted thehood bolts matte black.
How do you wash the window? Does the sprayer clear the lightbar? Maybe its just the picture angle.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Well. Was getting the rig ready for nice weather. Going to throw the top on the Top Lift Pro and get my new Mopar Tube Doors installed until I opened the box :facepalm: See if you can tell the problem in this pic.

luckily I only had drivers door off and had to reinstall.

Aww... twins...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? sc_cutest_001

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How do you wash the window? Does the sprayer clear the lightbar? Maybe its just the picture angle.
HOnestly - i havent tested it yet, but it looks like it will not clear. Might be a deal-breaker. After i installed, i went right into washing.....totally missed testing it! I'll you know though.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Also installed a Bolt hoodlock and Lamin-x amber fog light covers and painted my cowl vent.

20210411_120631.jpg

20210411_162538.jpg
The Bolt hood lock should have included several 1/4" steel rivets (in case yours were missing). Or did you want to use nuts/bolts/washers instead?

I've a pair of Lamin-X fog light covers in the parts box. Did you remove the fog light housings from the bumper to allow for easier installation? That seems to be necessary so as to allow for proper placement & adhesion. TIA.

NonHypenatedAmerican

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUS
The Bolt hood lock should have included several 1/4" steel rivets (in case yours were missing). Or did you want to use nuts/bolts/washers instead?

I've a pair of Lamin-X fog light covers in the parts box. Did you remove the fog light housings from the bumper to allow for easier installation? That seems to be necessary so as to allow for proper placement & adhesion. TIA.
I didnt want to buy a rivet gun for a most likely one time use and didnt want to pay anyone. Its mounted solidly and not going anywhere. Yes, I took off the fog lights, wiped them with rubbing alcohol to clean them and applied them. Very forgiving if you dont get it the first time and air bubbles push out real easy.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I didnt want to buy a rivet gun for a most likely one time use and didnt want to pay anyone. Its mounted solidly and not going anywhere.
I did purchase the relevant rivet gun from Harbor Freight for the job. $16 with coupon. It did struggle with the steel rivets included with the Bolt hood lock, but I got it done. Yes, I might never need that tool again, but the one-time cost wasn't bothersome.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Redline tuning hood shocks on. Wow should have done this long time ago!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210411_151103

@tatarin

Your Redline Tuning, struts are upside down. They will not self lubricate the way you have them.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I did purchase the relevant rivet gun from Harbor Freight for the job. $16 with coupon. It did struggle with the steel rivets included with the Bolt hood lock, but I got it done. Yes, I might never need that tool again, but the one-time cost wasn't bothersome.
@Heimkehr

IF, you ever pull the fender liners that involves removing some plastic rivets. You might peel back the fender liner to access the Aux battery, etc.. Anyway, that rivet gun will do the deed of replacing the rivets you pulled.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
@Heimkehr

IF, you ever pull the fender liners that involves removing some plastic rivets. You might peel back the fender liner to access the Aux battery, etc.. Anyway, that rivet gun will do the deed of replacing the rivets you pulled.
Good to know! Thanks.

lawffroad

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
After careful review, the play on the field has been altered: removed the hood mounts to cut off some rubber. The extra rubber kept water around and didn’t serve a purpose. Also painted thehood bolts matte black.
how on earth did you get those hood bolts out

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
how on earth did you get those hood bolts out
HA! SO - the first one, i just used my 1/2 ratchet with the torx bit. When the bolt "broke" loose, it scratched my clear, as the torx jumped out of the bolt head. Not happy with it, but fixable. On the rest, i used a 6" extension, so my pressure was more horizontal and elevated from the hood. That worked better.....OH, and i ate my Wheaties.