Sponsored

Rough Country 2.5 inch spacer lift on JLUR, Any Regrets?

BroJrod

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I think I'll just stick to lighter wheeling for now and wait until I wear out the 33s.

The 35s look good to me, the 37s look Beefy. Did you re-gear for the 37s or are you still running 4.10s?
When you ran 35’s on the factory wheels did you have to use spacers? I recently got a JL Rubicon and looking at this lift but want to keep factory wheels so my wife doesn’t notice!!

OP
OP
mschlott

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2019 JLUR
When you ran 35’s on the factory wheels did you have to use spacers? I recently got a JL Rubicon and looking at this lift but want to keep factory wheels so my wife doesn’t notice!!
I decided to go ahead and get 35's with no lift. I have the stock wheels with no spacers and no lift. There is no rubbing even with sway bar disconnected at full flex.

boontis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0L
I've got a 2020 Unlimited Sahara and was considering this lift. Seeing the comment about the need for an adjustable track bar I had 2 questions:

1 - what causes things to get pushed to the driver side and does this happen to everyone or just in come cases?

2 - any recommendations on the best adjustable track bar?

Thanks!

Kevin

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I've got a 2020 Unlimited Sahara and was considering this lift. Seeing the comment about the need for an adjustable track bar I had 2 questions:

1 - what causes things to get pushed to the driver side and does this happen to everyone or just in come cases?

2 - any recommendations on the best adjustable track bar?
1 - the fact that the track bar is not adjustable. Actually, nothing gets pushed to the driver side. The axles can't be pushed. It's in fact the body of the Jeep that doesn't sit centered anymore on the frame/axles and it moves to the right. It happens to any lifted Jeep.

2 - no one single "best" track bar. I've no experience with them, so just read around.

Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
1 - the fact that the track bar is not adjustable. Actually, nothing gets pushed to the driver side. The axles can't be pushed. It's in fact the body of the Jeep that doesn't sit centered anymore on the frame/axles and it moves to the right. It happens to any lifted Jeep.

2 - no one single "best" track bar. I've no experience with them, so just read around.
This is semantics.......the body sits to the right or the axle gets pushed to the left. The track bar swings on an arc so the more lift the more the offset whether it is considered the body or the axle.

CallMeJoe

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have had the RC spacer lift with shock extensions on for a year now. Works and looks great. I did also add Rubicon Express front LCA,s. My dealer did it all parts and labor for $350 with alignment. I am still running the stock K02,s on stock rims. I'm not a big fan of the Big Daddy Roth/Hot Wheels giant tire look. When I need new tires I will step up to 285/75/17 Cooper AT,s on the stock rims. I like the look. Cops like the tires in the fenderwells. It's a win/win...

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
I got the RC 2.5 spacer lift, I have taken the jeep out on the trails and seem to held up pretty good, I got it for the same reasons as you, a new steel bumper + winch and the front end sagged, now in saying that I quickly discouvered I need an adjustable track bar and some adjustable LCA which upped the cost quickly and probably should've held off a bit paid just a little more got a proper lift, with the shocks, springs, lca for a few hundred more. However now I got some beefy lca and track bar when the time comes for a proper lift I don't have to worry about those. I am overall happy with the RC lift and still performs on the the trails.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I’ve had this lift on my 19 Sport S for about 6 months. Have a steel front bumper and winch. I’ve run blue trails at AOAA and Raush creek on stock tires with no issues. Just went to 35’s and I still have no alignment or pulling issues with toyo open country at2 tires and black rhino Barstow 17x9.5 -18 offset.

6A731901-4B6D-4AE1-97BE-5A1476F3E090.jpeg

OP
OP
mschlott

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I pulled the trigger on this last month and got it installed. I am very pleased at what I got for $200. It rides a little more stiff and highway fuel economy dropped again.. There is a tendency for the font end to shake when I hit bumps. It's not death wobble, but definitely noticeable. I'll probably be replacing the front lower control arms to make it a little more highway friendly.

Sponsored

Walter_Mustang

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Willys Sport 4 door
I pulled the trigger on this last month and got it installed. I am very pleased at what I got for $200. It rides a little more stiff and highway fuel economy dropped again.. There is a tendency for the font end to shake when I hit bumps. It's not death wobble, but definitely noticeable. I'll probably be replacing the front lower control arms to make it a little more highway friendly.
do you have pics to show...I am also curious and possibly doing this lift...very inexpensive for $199. Thanks again!

OP
OP
mschlott

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

AU_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Can any one confirm if this is a 2.5inch lift all round? Or is it higher in the front to level the Jeep out? Thanks
Sponsored