Sponsored

Which one of these 3 options would you pick?

OP
OP

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Well I picked up my Jeep on Friday and I absolutely love it. I can’t believe I haven’t gotten a Jeep sooner! I went with my standard black on black and yeah it’s a pretty simplistic Sport S, but I love it!

Jeep Wrangler JL Which one of these 3 options would you pick? EEC8FE01-222B-404A-B358-4C346058A451

The base radio is actually adequate as I didn’t go with the upgrade, and ended up getting Selec Trac and Cold Weather as pretty much my only bigger options.

I already did a few rides this weekend with the top in the sun rider position and it feels just fantastic. Also had a rough last two years for me personally with family stuff, and honestly every time I’ve gotten in this vehicle it has put a smile on my face so it is nice to have those little moments of joy on a daily basis, I totally get why people love these vehicles now. (not looking to be a sob story as everyone has stuff they deal with, just wanted to share that I’m glad I went ahead and got the Jeep and it seems like a cool community. I think I’ve gotten like 20 waves already!).

I’ve also already been researching ORV routes and off road parks to check out as a total newbie. I was just excited to finally share the results of figuring out which Jeep to get, plus with summer coming this is going to be a blast! Once again thanks for all the feedback it really did help me decide on something that fit my budget. I definitely need to hold off on any accessories for a bit though I can’t get sucked in just yet.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ray Pezzi

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Well I picked up my Jeep on Friday and I absolutely love it. I can’t believe I haven’t gotten a Jeep sooner! I went with my standard black on black and yeah it’s a pretty simplistic Sport S, but I love it!

Jeep Wrangler JL Which one of these 3 options would you pick? EEC8FE01-222B-404A-B358-4C346058A451

The base radio is actually adequate as I didn’t go with the upgrade, and ended up getting Selec Trac and Cold Weather as pretty much my only bigger options.

I already did a few rides this weekend with the top in the sun rider position and it feels just fantastic. Also had a rough last two years for me personally with family stuff, and honestly every time I’ve gotten in this vehicle it has put a smile on my face so it is nice to have those little moments of joy on a daily basis, I totally get why people love these vehicles now. (not looking to be a sob story as everyone has stuff they deal with, just wanted to share that I’m glad I went ahead and got the Jeep and it seems like a cool community. I think I’ve gotten like 20 waves already!).

I’ve also already been researching ORV routes and off road parks to check out as a total newbie. I was just excited to finally share the results of figuring out which Jeep to get, plus with summer coming this is going to be a blast! Once again thanks for all the feedback it really did help me decide on something that fit my budget. I definitely need to hold off on any accessories for a bit though I can’t get sucked in just yet.
Congratulations, hope you love your new Wrangler! Just curious, though: that photo looks REALLY familiar...is that Lake Lansing, out in Haslett?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
That is awesome. If I see you around Lansing, I will give you a wave. We run trails often. If you are looking to go, Hit me up. Also if you need help finding trails, I can help with that also.

By the way, your Jeep looks great and congratulations on getting it.

With the weather improving, I will soon start up Coffee with the Wiborn's. There is usually about 20+ Jeeps that will stop out on a Saturday or Sunday morning when I plan it. You are welcome to come out and meet a bunch of Jeepers during that.

OP
OP

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Congratulations, hope you love your new Wrangler! Just curious, though: that photo looks REALLY familiar...is that Lake Lansing, out in Haslett?
Exactamundo! Weather was nice this weekend for the most part, so decided to just go to a couple local parks and enjoy it.

OP
OP

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
That is awesome. If I see you around Lansing, I will give you a wave. We run trails often. If you are looking to go, Hit me up. Also if you need help finding trails, I can help with that also.

By the way, your Jeep looks great and congratulations on getting it.

With the weather improving, I will soon start up Coffee with the Wiborn's. There is usually about 20+ Jeeps that will stop out on a Saturday or Sunday morning when I plan it. You are welcome to come out and meet a bunch of Jeepers during that.
I will definitely keep in touch once I figure out some free weekends! And yeah that weekend meetup sounds like a fun time!

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

EEC8FE01-222B-404A-B358-4C346058A451.jpeg
Congrats on the purchase.

Are those a factory wheel selection for the S trim? If so, they must be a recent addition, as I'm not familiar with them.

OP
OP

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Congrats on the purchase.

Are those a factory wheel selection for the S trim? If so, they must be a recent addition, as I'm not familiar with them.
Yes they are. Apparently the standard wheels are backordered, so that is like a $250 upgrade option, dont quote me on that number but its around there.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Yes they are. Apparently the standard wheels are backordered, so that is like a $250 upgrade option, dont quote me on that number but its around there.
What tire size do you have? Interested in the event that I decide to upgrade my stock wheels. TIA.

OP
OP

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
What tire size do you have? Interested in the event that I decide to upgrade my stock wheels. TIA.
Good question I will update you in a few.

Also, random question. Am I supposed to have a fuel filler door? Not just the cap, but an actual door too. The manual shows a door but I don't have one and honestly its something I never thought to check, lol.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Am I supposed to have a fuel filler door? Not just the cap, but an actual door too. The manual shows a door but I don't have one and honestly its something I never thought to check, lol.
I added one after delivery, as they are not installed on Sports (as distinct from your "S") at the factory. Possibly, a higher trim level(s) will include the fuel filler door.
Sponsored