Roverhi

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Series 2 88
Clubs

Thanks for posting. So maybe the torque curve is fairly constant which makes it feels less fast even though it is fast. The term “jerk” is the acceleration of the acceleration in physics. If no rate of change in acceleration then it is harder to perceive the experience. It would be really interesting to see torque curve and dyno info on the 4xe to understand the power delivery. Maybe it is the odd sense of missing the noise that adds to the experience as well. The 2.0 has a lot of peak torque early and a high rate of change in torque which makes it fell faster probably. Great write up. Thanks again.
I may be misreading the reports on acceleration but it seems that they are just using the electric portion of the drive and happy with it. The comments all seem to be how silent it is. If that's the case they are getting along nicely using half the available torque and horsepower. If you don't hear the engine you are running on electric only. If that's the case, how far do you have to put your foot into the gas peddle to truly have it function as a hybrid. It's clear that by programming the truck will use electric only, unless pushed, till the battery is depleted. How far do you have to push it to get all the zoom???
Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
I may be misreading the reports on acceleration but it seems that they are just using the electric portion of the drive and happy with it. The comments all seem to be how silent it is. If that's the case they are getting along nicely using half the available torque and horsepower. If you don't hear the engine you are running on electric only. If that's the case, how far do you have to put your foot into the gas peddle to truly have it function as a hybrid. It's clear that by programming the truck will use electric only, unless pushed, till the battery is depleted. How far do you have to push it to get all the zoom???
FLOOR IT! :devil:

Reactions: VNT

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Im still baffled by the lack of actual performance reviews with recorded times, mpg etc. Or a dyno run to see real what it's putting to the wheels vs the others

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Only 0-60 time right now is on the Jeep website of 6 seconds.

Newbie 4xe

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Im still baffled by the lack of actual performance reviews with recorded times, mpg etc. Or a dyno run to see real what it's putting to the wheels vs the others
No access to a dyno, or a good, safe run for 0-60.
I can tell you my stats for the week, though:
293 total miles
•225 battery
•68 hybrid
Dash shows 28.5 mpg.

The engine kicked in and I did feel some oomph when I was at a stop sign and had to cross traffic that didn’t have stop signs. Smooth ICE engagement and quick off the line. It felt great! The engine stayed on for a while until I was coasting in a downhill in a residential area. I didn’t notice when it shut off. I just looked down and it was off.

Sponsored

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Decided to use eSave mode today so I can start a break-in period for the ICE. Left home at 100% and the ICE didn't kick in until it dropped to 95%, which I think is consistent with info in the manual. After that, the battery and ICE still worked in tandem with the ICE sometimes shutting down and the battery wavering between power and charge depending on speed, acceleration, etc., but the battery percentage never dropped below 95%. I had the max regen on. The whole thing truly is seamless.

DaveN

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
What does the 4xe have for 120v electrical outlets? In particular output wattage and is power available when the car is off. Thanks.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Only 0-60 time right now is on the Jeep website of 6 seconds.
yeah, I am not sure what model they were using for that, and that's why I am looking for more real world testing. Even with the ICE options, the times reported are all over the map. some report 2.0 is faster, others the 3.6 some the Eco-diesel. in reality I don't care what the 0-60 time is as I am not buying a sports car, however it does translate into how it will respond off-road and once I get larger tires etc. installed. I have owned 3 JLURs all with the 3.6, so that is what I consider the low benchmark for acceptable. in deep sand, and at 12k feet I decided really quickly that #4 will either be the 2.0, 3.0 or eco-diesel. from there I am now down to the 4xE and Eco-diesel. i am hoping the local dealer that shows 6 in route will have one I can test drive back to back with the other engine options. And I also have read the new 3.6 with bsg actually drives better, so would not mind seeing for myself if I can tell the difference.

@Dryver , or anyone that has the 4xe, what steering box does it have? is it the Aluminum or steel one? I read one one forum that they were coming with an updated aluminum one, but have not seen anything definitive.

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
What does the 4xe have for 120v electrical outlets? In particular output wattage and is power available when the car is off. Thanks.
Level 1 is 120 Volts * 15 Amps = 1,800 Peak Watts

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Level 1 is 120 Volts * 15 Amps = 1,800 Peak Watts
I think they were asking about the outlets the 4xe itself has that you can use to power a device, charge a cellphone etc. On the regular JLs we have the 1 in the rear part of the console.

Sponsored

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
I think they were asking about the outlets the 4xe itself has that you can use to power a device, charge a cellphone etc. On the regular JLs we have the 1 in the rear part of the console.
Oh, well that DC to AC power inverter is 115 volt at 150 Watts, with built-in overload protection. But you really should not have anything plugged into it while the engine is off for an extended period of time. Or the vehicle's 12-volt battery will discharge sufficiently to the point of degrading battery life and/or prevent the engine from starting again.

jrm390

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250
No access to a dyno, or a good, safe run for 0-60.
I can tell you my stats for the week, though:
293 total miles
•225 battery
•68 hybrid
Dash shows 28.5 mpg.

The engine kicked in and I did feel some oomph when I was at a stop sign and had to cross traffic that didn’t have stop signs. Smooth ICE engagement and quick off the line. It felt great! The engine stayed on for a while until I was coasting in a downhill in a residential area. I didn’t notice when it shut off. I just looked down and it was off.
I'm assuming the 28.5 MPG is only based on hybrid mode?

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Eco Diesel; 2014 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
So I was truley on the fence with buying this model. To me there was only one reason not to buy it, and for me it was the biggest. I dont understand why Jeep did not make the Regen "Fully" regen the battery. I mean it will help it stay up on charge a little longer under Max regen, but, not like the other hybrids out there. I DID NOT want to plug in the JEEP. So for me it was a deal breaker. I just decided to get the Eco diesel instead.

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
I'm assuming the 28.5 MPG is only based on hybrid mode?
I can't parse that 28.5 MPG into anything useful. If the Jeep is reporting 28.5 MPG with only 68 miles (or less) using the ICE then that is absolutely balls out abysmal mileage, under 10 MPG actual when the ICE is running. That can't possibly be right.

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
So I was truley on the fence with buying this model. To me there was only one reason not to buy it, and for me it was the biggest. I dont understand why Jeep did not make the Regen "Fully" regen the battery. I mean it will help it stay up on charge a little longer under Max regen, but, not like the other hybrids out there. I DID NOT want to plug in the JEEP. So for me it was a deal breaker. I just decided to get the Eco diesel instead.
Um...You can use the engine to recharge the battery. There's no hybrid or EV on earth that can fully charge its battery solely through regeneration. That would break the laws of thermodynamics.
Sponsored