Sponsored

What is the "actual" contact patch with a Nitto Trail grabber in 37- 12.5 by 17 in

Living Good 357

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, 07 Dodge Cummins, 900 HP 72 Nova
Hey guys I'm trying to figure out what the actual contact patch is on these tires, I know what it says on the website as far as the overall width but I'm looking for the exact width of the part of the tire that touches the ground not including the sidewall tread. Any help would be much appreciated! I also noticed that a 12.5 is wider than the their 13.5 overall width, which is very confusing to me?? 👊👍🇺🇸
Sponsored

OP
OP

Living Good 357

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys I'm trying to figure out what the actual contact patch is on these tires, I know what it says on the website as far as the overall width but I'm looking for the exact width of the part of the tire that touches the ground not including the sidewall tread. Any help would be much appreciated! I also noticed that a 12.5 is wider than the their 13.5 overall width, which is very confusing to me?? 👊👍🇺🇸
I'm running a 17" 9 and 1/2 inch wide rim

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I’m guessing a lot of that answer depends on what PSI you’re running. The higher the number the less touching.

OP
OP

Living Good 357

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m guessing a lot of that answer depends on what PSI you’re running. The higher the number the less touching.
Yes I do realize the air pressure will affect it slightly, on my pickup truck, I have a 35 in Toyo Open Country 12.5-17 and the actual contact patch across the tread is only 10 and 1/2 inches!! On the website it says much more than that because they are adding the full width of a tire including the side walls! So if anyone out there has a 37-12.5-17 Nitto Trail Grabber mounted on 9 and 1/2 inch wheels, I'd like to know the actual width of the tread once it's mounted and aired-up (I don't know roughly 30 lb) your Jeep.
Sponsored