Sponsored

Rubicon snobbery?

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
Yeah, pretty much anyone who refers to his Wrangler or Gladiator as a JLUR, or a JTR could be considered a RubiSnob 😉.
Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I haven't caught the bug to either "overland" or rock crawl. I equate it to boots. I bought some Mil spec boots, because they offered the best ankle support and weight benefit for my uses and physical needs of many boots I've tried. Buying the boots didn't mean I am inclined to grab an M4 and chase bad guys in the mountains of Afghanistan. I bought a Rubicon because 1) I could, 2)I believe that it would be more capable than situations I was likely to get into while hunting with my dogs and friends. I am getting old and digging out is a young man's sport. I want lots of margin in the capability vs where I go.
I don't need a Rubicon. I just like the way it looks and it came standard with a lot of options I wanted, so in the end it was only a few grand more for the base model Rubi... The most off roading I will most likely do is forest roads, probably can do it in a FWD cross over if I pick my lines well.

Wish they never would have named these things Wranglers, I'll never say I have a "Wrangler", I'll say I have a 2dr Jeep, or had a couple CJs. Now I WOULD say I have a Rubicon however :)
I tend to say 2 door Rubicon also... It's like when I bought Ko2's for my old truck, white letters go out so the world knows I paid good money for that.

OP
OP
MauiSteve

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
Yes, the post was a joke, no I don't have my ego hanging on the Rubicon lettering on the hood.
We've been here for over 14 years and many folks are very friendly drivers and there are many "after you" events at intersections. Hawaii is a great place to live. Lame attempt at humor.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Yes, the post was a joke, no I don't have my ego hanging on the Rubicon lettering on the hood.
We've been here for over 14 years and many folks are very friendly drivers and there are many "after you" events at intersections. Hawaii is a great place to live. Lame attempt at humor.
Good to know!
Sponsored