Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Dude, make it a sleeper, remove the '392' emblems, you might pick up a few bucks running it 😉.
OP congrats on being one of the first. I sure hope you have an awesome experience and no gremlins.

I would so do the above. For one I do not care for the gold. Second love having that stealth look and then when you need to "go" she screams right on down the road.

In my WAY younger days I did this with a Subaru Sti. I made it look like the base model; no wing etc. It was fun or should I say funny when those Civics thought it was a stocker.
Sponsored

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I don't think CAFE is much of a factor for FCA when it comes down to Hemi vehicles. If this is the cause, then why didn't Jeep put a FAD system on the front axle for the 392? And why is there no 2wd available? Why not just put the 5.7L / 345 inside the Wrangler if the CAFE standard was a big deal?
Because sending 100% of the torque and hp to the back wheels only would probably cause a lot of burnouts, wheel hop and breakage. Splitting the torque between the front and rear helps parts stay alive.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Why not just put the 5.7L / 345 inside the Wrangler if the CAFE standard was a big deal?
And... Because Bronco. Those little eco-boost motors are no joke. A 5.7 would be too even with the Bronco power wise. Also not as big of a marketing splash. What sounds better as a sound byte? The new Wrangler has the same truck motor we put in RAM 1500 or the new Wrangler has the same SRT motor we put in the Scat Packs. They want to beat the Bronco marketing team.

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
And... Because Bronco. Those little eco-boost motors are no joke. A 5.7 would be too even with the Bronco power wise. Also not as big of a marketing splash. What sounds better as a sound byte? The new Wrangler has the same truck motor we put in RAM 1500 or the new Wrangler has the same SRT motor we put in the Scat Packs. They want to beat the Bronco marketing team.
Okay exactly then, so CAFE had no say about what size tire the 392 Wrangler has equipped from the factor.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Okay exactly then, so CAFE had no say about what size tire the 392 Wrangler has equipped from the factor.
I'm not saying the CAFE standard didn't play into it, I think it weighed in, but my guess is it was more of a business and cost decision than CAFE. They already have a contract for and purchase a tone of 33" ko2 tires. The 392 Wrangler would be the only jeep coming with 35" tires. In mass production every dollar counts.

Sponsored

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Looks great. Living through you for the time being till mine gets delivered.

As for the 33s vs 35s its all about the CAFE standards. Jeep will take a hit with their average CAFE rating and even squeezing one more MPG out of it by putting 33s on it helps. Anyone who buys this could care less about MPG. More about the fun factor. Ive had a TrackHawk for 2 years now and I smile every time I hit the gas. I'm sure this will have the same effect on my facial muscles. I'm thankful they finally put a V8 in hit and I've already made arrangements to put 35s on it before I take delivery.
Nailed it!

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Lots of luck...its a beauty

RIVICON

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2006 Tacoma, 1991 Z28 406ci Turbski
Congrats on the new beast! Be safe with it and keep the rubber side down.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
That sound.... U Connect 5 and 360 camera for 2022. Crossing my fingers but know it’s not likely since people are barely getting their 21s right now.

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
OP: Subbed and can’t wait to hear what lift and tires you go with. I have a hydro blue on order and planning minimum 37s but shooting to see if I can tuck 40s without much body mods or need for 1 ton Axles. May just go 37s until it is broken in and warranty runs it’s course.

JackalopeSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
From what I have seen is that the 392 comes with the Mopar 2" lift already (really a 3" lift) so you can put 35's or even 37's as she sits.
I would strongly suggest upgrading the front track bar, the factory one is a hollow tube that will flex with the larger tires...and that not a good flex when going down the highway at 392 speeds

Call911man

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So we picked up our Jeep Wrangler 392 yesterday from St. Charles Jeep! As far as I know it is one of the very first ones in the area, and this thing is a beast! My first drive was a quick blast in the dealer parking lot and I actually giggled like a school girl when I stabbed the gas and it actually launched like a sports car. The ass end squatted and actually wanted to lift up the front end. We are already in talks with a lift company for a lift kit, and it will definitely be getting at least 37" tires on it, so stay tuned for more of the build details coming soon. I only had time to get some crappy basic pics yesterday but I did do a full walk around video and a comparison to my 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon. You can find my full walk around video here:

image?format=raw&type=orig&id=10499.jpg

image?format=raw&type=orig&id=10505.jpg
The jealous bone is really feeling it! Congratulations!

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Looks great. Living through you for the time being till mine gets delivered.

As for the 33s vs 35s its all about the CAFE standards. Jeep will take a hit with their average CAFE rating and even squeezing one more MPG out of it by putting 33s on it helps. Anyone who buys this could care less about MPG. More about the fun factor. Ive had a TrackHawk for 2 years now and I smile every time I hit the gas. I'm sure this will have the same effect on my facial muscles. I'm thankful they finally put a V8 in hit and I've already made arrangements to put 35s on it before I take delivery.
I am awaiting the delivery of my 392 and I am looking to do the same as you are doing with switching the tires before delivery, with the dealer doing it they are also say that they are willing to do the speedometer recalibration, I`m not sure if that will really happen or will I have to go the Tazer or other reprogrammer. What tires did you decide go with? Actual 35"s E range or the 315/70/17 C range identical to what came stock on my Raptor? Thanks for the updates and please keep them coming. I am really looking forward to getting mine whenever it gets here
Sponsored