Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
As of right now you can no longer place an order for the Hemi Wrangler. And, they don't know if or when it will open back up. With Gecko green coming back in May it would have been a sweet looking ride. Bummed...
Ordering will open again, assuming it is now closed. (Link?) No auto manufacturer is going to spend big bucks to engineer a vehicle variant only to discontinue it with very few units sold. Can you say NRE? Be patient. and you will get what you want, with hopefully less forced options, (body color hard top, body color flares. leather) and at a lower price once the hype settles down. Dealers will soon have multiple 392's on their lots.

Don't panic.

Gecko (same as Mojito?) is a tempting color. I love Mojito!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Ordering will open again, assuming it is now closed. (Link?) No auto manufacturer is going to spend big bucks to engineer a vehicle variant only to discontinue it with very few units sold. Can you say NRE? Be patient. and you will get what you want, with hopefully less forced options, (body color hard top, body color flares. leather) and at a lower price once the hype settles down. Dealers will soon have multiple 392's on their lots.

Don't panic.

Gecko (same as Mojito?) is a tempting color. I love Mojito!
I hope that is the case. Some dealers are supposedly saying no more orders for 2021's, and if that turns out to be true, I'm extremely curious as to why. It's only April 8th.

Getting cancelled that fast is rare, but it does happen. Cadillac did this just last year to their CT6-V, AND it's bespoke twin-turbo V8 that they spent millions to develop, after just around 800 units.

Link for reference: https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca.../what-happened-to-the-cadillac-blackwing-v-8/

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
When would the MY22 order banks typically open up?
For most brands it's around early fall, Aug to Oct. Not 100% sure that this is when Jeep does it, nor if the 392 will go by a "typical" schedule, since no one seems to even know for sure if the 392 is going to be a limited production model or not. (At least not yet, as far as I know)

Sponsored

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
As of right now you can no longer place an order for the Hemi Wrangler. And, they don't know if or when it will open back up. With Gecko green coming back in May it would have been a sweet looking ride. Bummed...
FWIW, I got a ā€˜congratsā€™ email this morning from a dealer with whom Iā€™ve been working who said Jeep took the order he put in for me on Thu/Fri this past week. Ironically, I had told them I wasnā€™t sure what I wanted to do yet.

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
FWIW, I got a ā€˜congratsā€™ email this morning from a dealer with whom Iā€™ve been working who said Jeep took the order he put in for me on Thu/Fri this past week. Ironically, I had told them I wasnā€™t sure what I wanted to do yet.
FWIW... I placed an order on November 23d & am still in BX status (although I did go back to BG for a few weeks & then forward to BX again). I believe dealerships are always happy to hook folks on hopes of a fulfilled order.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Best advice I can give as there are a few things on my order I wish I hadn't added to it (if that becomes the case with yours). At this point having a guarantee to one these is all that matters. Don't think about it, don't let it effect your feelings about the order, nothing. These things are special and they will be short lived, if you truly want one I think the thought of gamboling for one at a later date is extremely dangerous. There has been endless talk about the fact that CAFE standards are going to limit how long this can even be produced, but something I haven't heard once is that fact that FCA has paid Millions in CAFE stander fines. 77 million in 2019. Even if FCA planned on selling as many of them they can make, nothing guarantees that Stellantis will continue to sell vehicles like FCA did regardless the cost. I bet Stellantis regulates the production before CAFE standers do. Congratulations on your order!

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
My dealer got a bulletin on Friday stating the Toledo plant was shutting down for 2 1/2 weeks. I was still able to place my order and have an order number. He guaranteed I will get one but guessed 8 months. I asked if it gets into 22 would it be a 22 model. Response was no they have to complete all 21 orders before starting 22 models.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
My dealer got a bulletin on Friday stating the Toledo plant was shutting down for 2 1/2 weeks. I was still able to place my order and have an order number. He guaranteed I will get one but guessed 8 months. I asked if it gets into 22 would it be a 22 model. Response was no they have to complete all 21 orders before starting 22 models.
Talk about setting low expectations! :)