Sponsored

Off road plus????

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
When you guys say it changes the throttle, does it increase throttle response? I’ve never pushed this button lol

also, can you use this in 2wd?
I don't know for sure but I would strongly suspect it smooths throttle response. The last thing you want to do in sand is punch it from a dead stop. Whereas when rock crawling or on road sometimes you need/want a quick kick of power and have the traction to do it.
It's not for 2WD.
Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Not 100% sure, but isn't this only for Auto trans? One of the guys I wheeled with last summer was talking about moving the idle speed up/down using wheel controls while on the trail, and I asked wtf he was talking about and when I told him i have a 6spd he told me it was a feature of the Auto trans. pretty cool, regardless. I saw them using something similar sounding with paddle shifters in the 392 test drive vids on YT
My 6 speed has it, never used it so far.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not 100% sure, but isn't this only for Auto trans? One of the guys I wheeled with last summer was talking about moving the idle speed up/down using wheel controls while on the trail, and I asked wtf he was talking about and when I told him i have a 6spd he told me it was a feature of the Auto trans. pretty cool, regardless. I saw them using something similar sounding with paddle shifters in the 392 test drive vids on YT
Obviously adjusting shift points would only apply to automatic but the rest of what it does can apply to a manual and they do have Off Road +.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
My 6 speed has it, never used it so far.
Obviously adjusting shift points would only apply to automatic but the rest of what it does can apply to a manual and they do have Off Road +.
Interesting. Then it must be a new feature because my '19 does not have it. Today I learned something.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I didn’t prefer it when trying to crawl up rocky trails. It made the throttle 0-100 on power delivery. It was difficult to keep a line when I couldn’t ease into something. Just my experience, would like to hear others as well.

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. Then it must be a new feature because my '19 does not have it. Today I learned something.
Yeah, it's new on '21s and presumably up. Another new option for '21s is 4WD Auto (in addition to HI & LO) which can be used on dry pavement. It drives in 2WD and automatically engages 4WD if the rear tires slip, which is fantastic for snowy roads.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn’t prefer it when trying to crawl up rocky trails. It made the throttle 0-100 on power delivery. Really hard to keep your line when you can’t ease into something. Just my experience, would like to hear others as well.
Doesn't surprise me as its for fast overlanding on sand or loose surfaces, not rock crawling. Nice to know exactly why tho. I'll keep that in mind.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Oh great, another button. All the above stated electro-wizardry should take place automatically when you crank it into 4-LO.
Here is an alternate to off road plus: Know how to drive on sand! This mode will do nothing but help enable more clueless drivers. You know the ones who do not air down on beach sand, end up getting stuck or overheat their engine and then complain about how bad a Jeep is.

OP
OP
Jeep4Win

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Here is an alternate to off road plus: Know how to drive on sand! This mode will do nothing but help enable more clueless drivers. You know the ones who do not air down on beach sand, end up getting stuck or overheat their engine and then complain about how bad a Jeep is.
But for me I am a more than experienced driver asking what on earth it does.

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m assuming they should have called it the beach or dunes button...
I'd pick Overland +. There's several things on the JL I'd like to rename. Traction Control is one. Yeah, I'd like to control my traction off road, that sounds good. Not with that button tho, that's pavement traction.

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
it is surprisingly awesome on deep sand roads. without it all the other stuff tries to minimize wheels slipping and the throttle is sluggish I think. with this on, the throttle is quick and steady, and much more punchy if you feel the sand start to pull you down. I have a manual, so no impact on shift point, but big impact on throttle response - I wish that is how the throttle was in 2wd as well!

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it is surprisingly awesome on deep sand roads. without it all the other stuff tries to minimize wheels slipping and the throttle is sluggish I think. with this on, the throttle is quick and steady, and much more punchy if you feel the sand start to pull you down. I have a manual, so no impact on shift point, but big impact on throttle response - I wish that is how the throttle was in 2wd as well!
Nice to hear, and it makes sense. I'll have to find a deep sand road and try it out.
BTW, you can get a throttle adjuster to make the throttle like that in 2WD. I've never used one but that's exactly what they do.

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
my 21 JLR 6 speed has it. I’ve used it and it seems to get all the nanny features out of the way.
Sponsored