Mods and Warranties

Drigo

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Wranglers yet
I am considering installing sway bar disconnects on my 21 Sahara. Are there any warranty related issues I need to be aware of?
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Thing is, with so many electronics on these things, and Fiat’s, shall we say ”less than perfect” track record with electrical stuff, it is really tough to predict whether you will or won’t have a warranty issue.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I can already see them saying. “Different suspension vibrations than factory caused the visor to fall off.”
i could totally see that as well lol. I guess i could swap the stock suspension back on before i take it but then they’ll probably say the vibration from the muffler delete or the difference in air flow from switching to rubicon fenders or the airflow from the mesh top lol. Or not paying extra for the nitrogen tire fill lmao

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
lmao

but really, the obsession people have with warranties blows my mind. You are unlikely to ever have a warranty claim. Drive the thing.
I’ve gotta admit Mwilk, I’m guilty of this too. I totally respect what you’re saying and you’re probably right but as Aldo said below with all the electronics in these Jeep’s?
Plus my work truck (Isuzu NPR HD) I had one of the rods shoot right through the side of the engine at 51k. $10,000 dollar job. They went through my maintenance records with a fine tooth comb before warranting it.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t laugh, I’ve seen threads in here where some dude’s glove compartment didn’t latch or something similar and they wouldn’t even look at it because he drove in with his Jeep lifted.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Drigo

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Wranglers yet
Thanks for the input. Good stuff to consider.

Recoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
As someone new to the brand, what about when you use Mopar stuff? Can you lose your warranty for doing the Mopar lift or like the cold air intake?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
You gotta be kiddin me.

A piece of my front driveshaft literally sheared off just the other month. Thankfully I was still barely under warranty.
A one off failure of some part on your Jeep means every owner of every Jeep should sit in fear of their vehicle blowing up? Just drive.