Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Everyone has ignored the elephant to this point, but 20's on a Jeep🤮. Quick Google search shows 0 tires more aggressive than an AT in that size. Tell us again how the Sahara isn't the street trim with your new dubs.
You can get Duratrcs and Toyo MTs in that size. Once you go up to a 32 (or even better a 33) there are plenty of options.
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
You can get Duratrcs and Toyo MTs in that size. Once you go up to a 32 (or even better a 33) there are plenty of options.
20" wheels don't leave enough sidewall for airing down in anything smaller than a 37" in my opinion. Call me old school, but I won't run a tire that isn't twice the size of the rim in an off road vehicle. A 4xe on 40's would be pretty bad ass though.

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
Now I just want the check-box for a max GVW Rubicon. Then one could actually build up a nice rig, haul a useful amount of gear and occupants, and still stay within GVW. Of course, all the added weight in the 4xe is near the floor, so the CG isn't raised substantially.
Added weight to the transmission (the motor and a longer case), batteries under the seats, cabling, and heavier duty rear end from the Gladiator, I'd have no trouble saying the CG is lower.

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Wondering if someone could post a pic of their GVWR sticker. Specifically looking for this configuration:

JLU 4-door Rubicon 4xe
Hard Top
Tow Group
Steel Bumpers

I have this config on order, and am purchasing mods now in preparation for a long camping trip. Would love to know how much room I have to work with in cargo weight.

I put about 1,100 pounds of mods/gear/people in my 2018 JLU Sahara (close to the allowable cargo weight, as per Jeep), and it was fine, although I needed to put air bags in the rear springs due to 2” of squatting.
Sponsored

Last edited: