Having Dealership Add Mopar Lift and Larger Tires on Delivery

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
So do you not get a credit for the new tires you take off? I suppose you could sell it but would be nice for dealer to offer something that literally only has 10 miles on it
Sponsored

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
if they add this at the dealership prior to delivery, then there's a chance it will show on your MSRP and thus you'll likely be taxed higher for the vehicle... but also allows you to finance the cost if you choose.

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
So do you not get a credit for the new tires you take off? I suppose you could sell it but would be nice for dealer to offer something that literally only has 10 miles on it
Ask them how much they will give you for the takeoff tires, I listed my brand new KO2's on CL for $900 and got an $875 offer the same day. Dealer will low-ball you and likely offer $750. Keep your take off suspension parts (and the cool box they come in). You can sell those (here, CL or Facebook MarketPlace) or put them back on someday.

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Forgot to mention, they (like most) are motivated primarily by one thing, 💵, it's how they earn a living. Never trust they will give you anything! Too many will gladly sell you 3k in lift and tires and conveniently omit mention of the takeoffs. 'Oh shoot, that's right, I forgot about those, we will give you $750'. I deal with a trusted dealership I've bought 6 vehicles from and I still check every penny (but I'm a tightwad).

Longhair1957

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Occupation
Retired
That was what attracted me to this Jeep. The dealer had already installed 2” Mopar and 35-12.5- 17’s on xd rims.
I figured this way it’s all dealer installed, and covered. 😎🤙🏼

Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious on your thoughts. I have a Wrangler on order and negotiated an OTD price already. I asked my sales guy today to give me a cost estimate of the dealership adding larger tires and a Mopar lift along with speedo calibration and adding it onto the OTD price. I kinda expect it to be "pricey", but then again I am all about "convenience". I was going to have the shop that does all the lifts/wheels/tires for the dealership do it anyway. They are right next door.

Has anyone ever done this on delivery and if so, what are your pros and cons with this?
as for tires ask them I know Jeep dealers up my way are running a buy 3 and 4th for a $1.....then compare with Tirerack, etc.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Make sure they give you all your take off parts and tires. Greasy bastards love to keep those things and hope the customer forgets about it.
Unless they’re willing to buy them, of course.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
My dealer had their local 4x4 shop put on the lift, steering stabilizer, Roam rockslide steps, Warn winch, Teraflex tire carrier, 37” tires and aftermarket wheels, all for $550 in labor.
All of this was on the original sales documents. This shop also happened to be the shop I use for my own rigs.
I purchased all the aftermarket parts myself and brought them over to the 4x4 shop while the Jeep was being built. The parts were waiting when the Jeep was finally delivered.

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Damn ... I feel special. Mine was installed May 2020. Cost was $1,850.00 CDN for parts, and labour, plus tax. Labour included installing the new tires and rims purchased from a different supplier and dropped off at my dealer. Got all my old parts back, and got to keep the nice wooden crate the new parts came in.
Gotta give Demeyere CDJR a big shout out ... they have certainly been in my corner throughout the entire Jeep ownership experience.

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
My dealer did the Diesel specific lift, warranty and installed my ordered wheels and tires for $1700. Was actually shocked they did the wheels and tires for nothing but they said they do the wheel and tire swaps as a courtesy all the time.
Sponsored