Tread Lightly discount

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Question...for the tread lightly discount I know you have to be a member for the 30 days to use it. If join the tread lightly membership today and I order a Jeep today, but it doesn’t arrive for like 5-6 weeks, will I be able to use the tread lightly discount since financing won’t be set up until that time?
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

If join the tread lightly membership today and I order a Jeep today, but it doesn’t arrive for like 5-6 weeks, will I be able to use the tread lightly discount since financing won’t be set up until that time?
Yes.

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I joined Tread Lightly on the 19th of February 2021. Ordered my Wrangler on 26 February and took delivery on the 29th of March.

Not even a week after ordering, my Jeep was in status F, paint. I was worried it would come in before the 30 days was up.

Luckily the shipping stage of the transaction took longer than I expected and it all worked out fine.

OP
OP
Getmadboy

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I joined Tread Lightly on the 19th of February 2021. Ordered my Wrangler on 26 February and took delivery on the 29th of March.

Not even a week after ordering, my Jeep was in status F, paint. I was worried it would come in before the 30 days was up.

Luckily the shipping stage of the transaction took longer than I expected and it all worked out fine.
Good to know. Thanks for the info!

swtech

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GLC
I was able to log into the affiliate site about 2 weeks after joining. This was before I got my letter in the mail. Also able to generate the control code. Joined on March 19th, generated the code on April 2nd and I believe I could have done it earlier.

Ordered the Jeep on March 22nd, it’s in shipping status and dealer says it will be there next week.

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I was able to log into the affiliate site about 2 weeks after joining. This was before I got my letter in the mail. Also able to generate the control code. Joined on March 19th, generated the code on April 2nd and I believe I could have done it earlier.

Ordered the Jeep on March 22nd, it’s in shipping status and dealer says it will be there next week.
It still not valid until it’s 30 days. Other have done this and gotten a letter with a bill for the 1%.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Ordered Jeep on 3/20
Signed up for Tread Lightly on 3/20

Jeep arrived on 4/5. Asked dealership to hold it until 4/19 until Tread Lightly takes effect. Dealership agreed to hold the Jeep.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Question...for the tread lightly discount I know you have to be a member for the 30 days to use it. If join the tread lightly membership today and I order a Jeep today, but it doesn’t arrive for like 5-6 weeks, will I be able to use the tread lightly discount since financing won’t be set up until that time?
Some dealers may require the code to order, but that is something you will have to discuss with the dealer.

I can tell you for future, if you were a tread lightly member (like you bought a prior jeep with it) and you let your membership lapse. When you join again, do a renewal and as soon as they send you your paperwork you're eligible for the discount because your start date is that of the original joining.

21GraniteJLUR

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Are the other benefits worth anything? Dealer said they would give me an additional .5% with Tread lightly (i was already at 7.5%). I ordered end of March so probably right on the edge of 30 days. I have to fly in anyway so I could probably wait a week or two if I needed to. Seems like a lot though for $230-100
Sponsored

Last edited: