Sponsored

What do we want to know from the first to receive the 392?

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Something I found interesting at 38:50 they talk about getting 18mpg on the way home from Moab.. that is pretty good all things considered...
I thought that was some great news! Didn't get it for the mpg, but if it ends up getting decent mpg that's just going to be like the icing on the cake.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Something I found interesting at 38:50 they talk about getting 18mpg on the way home from Moab.. that is pretty good all things considered...
My SRT Grand Cherokee has Cylinder Deactivation that takes it down to 4 cyl on the freeway. Rarely happens due to my driving skills. Anyone know if the 392 has it? Even if it does not have it, I am not surprised by the gas mileage. We actually got very similar mileage in my wife's 5.7 vs the 3.6 that she used to have. Part of it was due to the fact that the 5.7 does not have to work as hard as the 3.6. We do get better mileage towing our trailer with the 5.7 than the 3.6, especially over the passes.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
My SRT Grand Cherokee has Cylinder Deactivation that takes it down to 4 cyl on the freeway. Rarely happens due to my driving skills. Anyone know if the 392 has it? Even if it does not have it, I am not surprised by the gas mileage. We actually got very similar mileage in my wife's 5.7 vs the 3.6 that she used to have. Part of it was due to the fact that the 5.7 does not have to work as hard as the 3.6. We do get better mileage towing our trailer with the 5.7 than the 3.6, especially over the passes.
It does MDS.

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I picked mine up yesterday! Let me know if there are any questions I can answer. Here is my walk around video, it sits 1" higher than my JLUR with 35's on it, so it is definitely about a 2" height difference from a stock JLUR.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BCMgunner

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
I picked mine up yesterday! Let me know if there are any questions I can answer. Here is my walk around video, it sits 1" higher than my JLUR with 35's on it, so it is definitely about a 2" height difference from a stock JLUR.
Congrats!

Staying with the 33s or upsizing? Curious to see size tires you go with!

Also, do the 392 springs appear to be the same diameter as your JLUR. I ask to see if current JLUR spacer kits would fit the 392.

Congrats again and thanks!

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats!

Staying with the 33s or upsizing? Curious to see size tires you go with!

Also, do the 392 springs appear to be the same diameter as your JLUR. I ask to see if current JLUR spacer kits would fit the 392.

Congrats again and thanks!
Planning to go to at least 37's, I am in talks with a lift company now so we will see what happens. I will take a look at the springs and compare them to my 2018 JLUR.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Planning to go to at least 37's, I am in talks with a lift company now so we will see what happens. I will take a look at the springs and compare them to my 2018 JLUR.
Can you measure the shock eye-to-eye lengths?

Also take a look at the bump stops, see how they compare.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Congrats! Watched the entire video.

The rear view mirror is bigger because of the safety stuff you have on it vs your older one.

Both my Grand Cherokee SRT and Trackhawk did have some specific break in warnings like no hard launches, no high revs for 500 miles... Did you check into any of that? Not sure it makes a ton of difference anymore, but it was in my owners manual and called out by the dealer.

37's are as big as I would go with those axles and that engine. My biggest hold back on pulling the trigger on the 392 is that I would want to crawl it and I am worried about it needing Dana 60's right away.

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! Watched the entire video.

The rear view mirror is bigger because of the safety stuff you have on it vs your older one.

Both my Grand Cherokee SRT and Trackhawk did have some specific break in warnings like no hard launches, no high revs for 500 miles... Did you check into any of that? Not sure it makes a ton of difference anymore, but it was in my owners manual and called out by the dealer.

37's are as big as I would go with those axles and that engine. My biggest hold back on pulling the trigger on the 392 is that I would want to crawl it and I am worried about it needing Dana 60's right away.
I didn’t ask about any break in recommendations because I’ve always broken my cars in the way I intend on driving them! 😜

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!

Hey James, just came across your post at almost 2:30 am, (Congrats by the way!) and I'm headed to bed for now, so I won't get the chance to check out your vid till later tomorrow. But I do have one question that I haven't gotten an answer to yet, that I am desperate to find..

What is the offset and backspacing of the stock 392 wheels??? I am anxiously waiting to order wheels & tires, and am hoping to get them here before my Jeep arrives, but I'm not that fluent on what kind of difference the specs on the wheels I'm finding, will have on the width and stance of my 392. (just going with 35 x 12.50's and no additional lift, if that matters, but I am not yet set on 17's versus 18's, or total width for the wheels though.)

I'm pretty new to this stuff, so any help here would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks! -Rob

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
Hi James, I am jealous.. Congrats and enjoy... I would very much like to know the clearance from the ground to the highest point sitting on pavement... Many Thanks !!

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Hi James, I am jealous.. Congrats and enjoy... I would very much like to know the clearance from the ground to the highest point sitting on pavement... Many Thanks !!
Thinking about garage door clearance? If so, I'm interested in that myself. Especially once I put tires on her.

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
Thinking about garage door clearance? If so, I'm interested in that myself. Especially once I put tires on her.
i had 35s put yesterday and still have 9+ inches of clearance from the door opening. I measured from floor to top of opening at 83”.

edit for clarification

Jeep Wrangler JL What do we want to know from the first to receive the 392? 4B82F26C-E52F-40E3-9BF4-ED3C98231765

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
i had 35s put yesterday and still have 9+ inches of clearance from the door opening. I measured from floor to top at 83”.

Jeep Wrangler JL What do we want to know from the first to receive the 392? 4B82F26C-E52F-40E3-9BF4-ED3C98231765
Ted,

What was the measurement from the ground to the top of the Jeep? I assume the 83" was from the floor to the top of your garage door opening?

Thanks!
Sponsored