Sponsored

Delays in production- wranglers

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Haha I liked that comment a lot, I'm from the Pakistani side of Punjab myself!

I'm okay with the delays, but the part that concerned me was that the dealer said if they roll over into year 2022, the car wont have my name associated with it and will be built for the general market. The price I negotiated in Dec is way better than the current market price. So if I pick up something on a Dealer's lot, I'll have to pay a lot more for it. The dealer I'm working with also has some options, but he said he can't honor the price we negotiated because the market reality now is different.

The part which frustrates me is if I've signed a deal, shouldn't the dealer or Jeep be on the hook for providing me with a vehicle at the agreed upon price? The way the dealer made it sound was there are no consequences for canceling the order for them or for the factory.
Can you cancel and go to another dealer?
Sponsored

simorq

First Name
Armin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Quality Assurance Engineer
As mentioned earlier, in mid December I ordered an 80th anniversary JLU with advanced safety and I recieved my VIN and D1 status about two weeks ago, but it had not moved after. The tracker here does not find it and I have a terrible delaer with zero customer service quality.
Should I be optimistic about the estimated delivery date of April 9th?!
I ordered a hellayella and they submitty red, which is sad but I can handle it if they give me some upgrades, but the positive side is that the price we agreed on is great, at least 4000 below current market, also my trade in has much more milage on it now and 1 model year older after the new year, if I want to get a new deal.

Do you think I should wait or get an available vehicle?

scooter540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
As mentioned earlier, in mid December I ordered an 80th anniversary JLU with advanced safety and I recieved my VIN and D1 status about two weeks ago, but it had not moved after. The tracker here does not find it and I have a terrible delaer with zero customer service quality.
Should I be optimistic about the estimated delivery date of April 9th?!
I ordered a hellayella and they submitty red, which is sad but I can handle it if they give me some upgrades, but the positive side is that the price we agreed on is great, at least 4000 below current market, also my trade in has much more milage on it now and 1 model year older after the new year, if I want to get a new deal.

Do you think I should wait or get an available vehicle?
I would suggest not settling for an incorrect colour. My dealer also made a mistake on the colour submitted for my build and they were able to fix it. Otherwise I was going to walk away from that deal. Colour is important, it will be a daily reminder you settled for something you didn't want so I'd recommend either re-ordering or searching for a vehicle off a lot in the right colour.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Learn to love the color, options and price are the most important.
Besides, when its in its element, you can't tell what the color is anyway

Sponsored

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
I can, but I'll have to pay 7-8k more than the price I negotiated in Dec. That's the only thing holding me back.
What I did was I went to bunch of dealers and I gave my specifications and said I’m not willing to negotiate. You give me what I ask if not I have no problems walking out. They would use tactics to humiliate you and buy you in to their say. But be ready to be humiliated at the dealership because the reality is some of these dealers have no idea what the real situation is and they are just doing their job. I have to say after a long search my dealer was really great! Is very good! Very informative and one thing I really like is they would always pick up the phone. Let me know if you really need like specific help. I will try my best to find out for you. You’d be surprised the amount of things we learn by getting two dealers to fight over a deal! Some dealers would spill out every trick that the other dealer is pulling on you!

simorq

First Name
Armin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Quality Assurance Engineer
I just cancelled my order. I will get another jeep from the market. This was not going to work for me.

rocklobster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray,Rubicon,Manual,1974 Jensen Interceptor.previously 2007 Steel blue JKU,2010 Stone white JKU,2013 JKU Rock Lobster,Sahara,
I am in the same boat as many of you, I placed an order 6 weeks ago and zero movement, I had an interesting chat with a mate who leases cars, he said that on top of the manual transmission issues, the chip shortage and problems with the cold weather package there is another possible, and probable reason for Canadian orders facing extended delays..and that is the price in Canada vs US.

Even though the CDN$ amount we pay is more, the true value to Jeep is about 10% LESS give or take when you do the conversion, PLUS, for Canadian orders, they have more paperwork, an international border to cross and in many cases a longer transport route, so why would they sell their limited production in Canada when it appears the US market can absorb all their products and they make more money without them having to go through those extra hoops.

As we know Canadian customers are second class when it comes to Jeep as is evident by the fact that their support via @JeepCares when it comes to tracking and other issues,stops at the border, a very short sighted approach.

As is often said, it's as if Jeep does everything it can to alienate its Canadian customers and we STILL buy the bloody things lol... :headbang:

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just cancelled my order. I will get another jeep from the market. This was not going to work for me.
Hey! So sorry to hear about your experience. If you need any dealer experience feedback I could help with my experience of going to bunch of dealerships and and around Toronto. Let me know! Happy to help!

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am in the same boat as many of you, I placed an order 6 weeks ago and zero movement, I had an interesting chat with a mate who leases cars, he said that on top of the manual transmission issues, the chip shortage and problems with the cold weather package there is another possible, and probable reason for Canadian orders facing extended delays..and that is the price in Canada vs US.

Even though the CDN$ amount we pay is more, the true value to Jeep is about 10% LESS give or take when you do the conversion, PLUS, for Canadian orders, they have more paperwork, an international border to cross and in many cases a longer transport route, so why would they sell their limited production in Canada when it appears the US market can absorb all their products and they make more money without them having to go through those extra hoops.

As we know Canadian customers are second class when it comes to Jeep as is evident by the fact that their support via @JeepCares when it comes to tracking and other issues,stops at the border, a very short sighted approach.

As is often said, it's as if Jeep does everything it can to alienate its Canadian customers and we STILL buy the bloody things lol... :headbang:
Lol this makes sense!! It’s so true.

Sponsored

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
Sigh - you're probably not wrong, but I'm hopeful mine will come sometime this century anyway! Take solace we get a "good deal"??

Mine's manual with cold weather, 8.4 and safety (but not advanced safety at least). Am I doomed?

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got an update from my dealer. He said there’s few shipments coming from the factory this week.

Parker.36

First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Hey! I picked up mine today! About time!
No way! You’re so lucky. Enjoy it and cross your fingers for the rest of us.
im part of a lot of the delays = manual transmission and cold weather group... but trying not to lose hope

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No way! You’re so lucky. Enjoy it and cross your fingers for the rest of us.
im part of a lot of the delays = manual transmission and cold weather group... but trying not to lose hope
Thank you! Yeh. I was talking to the dealer about the delays and he said he had many customers cancelling it but he said there were bunch of shipments out. Fingers crossed! Let us know when you guys get it. Also if you need any help with the process, feedback more than happy to help!
Sponsored