Backup Camera issue

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle 80th Anniversary - Diesel
Sorry to hear of your concerns, JimmyZ and JbuckTN. At this time, internal teams are aware of this and working on a repair. I apologize for any frustration it's causing and appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Thank you Kate at Jeep Cares. I took it into the dealer and they did a hard reset today. I wish I have know what I was getting into. Now the following does not work:
Off road pages gone
AC unable to control temperature (only show Hi/Lo)
Backup camera unavailable in controls
HomeLink does not work.

Itā€™s Friday and the dealership tells me it may fix itself. I think that I will have to go through the weekend without these options. Not I have a handicapped Jeep with 341 miles on it. Not a good way to start my Jeep ownership. I hope it gets better.
Sponsored

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you Kate at Jeep Cares. I took it into the dealer and they did a hard reset today. I wish I have know what I was getting into. Now the following does not work:
Off road pages gone
AC unable to control temperature (only show Hi/Lo)
Backup camera unavailable in controls
HomeLink does not work.

Itā€™s Friday and the dealership tells me it may fix itself. I think that I will have to go through the weekend without these options. Not I have a handicapped Jeep with 341 miles on it. Not a good way to start my Jeep ownership. I hope it gets better.
Here is a forum that was started 3 years ago for seemingly the same issue. It appears that the bug is back.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/lost-backup-camera-guide-lines.15764/post-1439503

A special shout out to JeepCares for watching the forum. That shows caring, but will not get me 3 hours of lost meetings this morning waiting for it to be fixed.. Not fixed.. fixed... My head is spinning!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Here is a forum that was started 3 years ago for seemingly the same issue. It appears that the bug is back.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/lost-backup-camera-guide-lines.15764/post-1439503

A special shout out to JeepCares for watching the forum. That shows caring, but will not get me 3 hours of lost meetings this morning waiting for it to be fixed.. Not fixed.. fixed... My head is spinning!
I am sorry to hear of your additional concerns, JbuckTN. I know that sometimes the Jeep needs to cycle through a few starts for things to work properly. If you are still seeing concerns in the coming days, please reach out to us in private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am sorry to hear of your additional concerns, JbuckTN. I know that sometimes the Jeep needs to cycle through a few starts for things to work properly. If you are still seeing concerns in the coming days, please reach out to us in private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Thanks Jeep Kate. You guys have been great, I appreciate what you all do!

dallastx75206

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
@JeepCares any update to this backup guide lines fix? I know you said end mar / beginning of April. Any additional information would help like is this just a over the air software download or do i need to visit dealership and give them a certain TSB number to fix ? My salesman at the dealer said he never heard of anyone having missing backup lines ever before but seems this is a larger issue. My 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara has this issue. Only 256 miles on Jeep and the backup guidelines havent worked since picking up Jeep.

Sponsored

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JeepCares any update to this backup guide lines fix? I know you said end mar / beginning of April. Any additional information would help like is this just a over the air software download or do i need to visit dealership and give them a certain TSB number to fix ? My salesman at the dealer said he never heard of anyone having missing backup lines ever before but seems this is a larger issue. My 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara has this issue. Only 256 miles on Jeep and the backup guidelines havent worked since picking up Jeep.
They told me Q2 @dallastx75206, but welcome to the club! That could be until July. They have to test these things rigidly, so be patient. Backup lines will be in your future. For now, have a little fun with it and bet if they will be there or not the next time you start your Jeep. My dealer totally jacked up my computer and left me without many options in the interface. A reboot did resolve, however, but why would you return a jacked-up car to a customer??

oldstoneface

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara, Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
My wife's 2018 JLU Sahara Uconnect has had tons of problems (freezing, won't play music, random rebooting, won't activate Car Play or switch to a different audio source) but today was the first day we experienced it stuck in the reverse camera while she was driving forward as seen in this video. I already had an appointment with the dealership scheduled for Friday so we'll see what they say, but based on the fact this has been an issue for at least 3 years across numerous owners (and has yet to be acknowledged and fixed), I'm not holding my breath.

huyfishin

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.huyfishin.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Automotive Paint Protection Film Installer and Glass tinter
Same blue screen of death when I shift into reverse. Goes away when I turn off the vehicle and turn it back on. Annoy as heck!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi everyone,

As of right now, we do not have an update on the software update release. However, please know that you can always check to see if there are any open recalls/TSBs for your vehicle by visiting https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html. You'll simply input your VIN and the site will explain in more detail the importance any applicable recalls/TSBs and what they address.

@oldstoneface , if you happen to have any concerns arise while your vehicle is at the dealership, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team!

As for those of you that are experiencing blue screens-- I'd like to ask you some more questions about this, if you don't mind. Please send us a private message at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Hawk2469

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
Brand new Jeep Sahara unlimited, delivered a few weeks ago from factory. No backup gridlines every time backing up. It's def a software problem. It has appeared only once while backing up. So the problem isn't fixed even on the newest Jeeps being build.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Hi everyone,

As of right now, we do not have an update on the software update release. However, please know that you can always check to see if there are any open recalls/TSBs for your vehicle by visiting https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html. You'll simply input your VIN and the site will explain in more detail the importance any applicable recalls/TSBs and what they address.

@oldstoneface , if you happen to have any concerns arise while your vehicle is at the dealership, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team!

As for those of you that are experiencing blue screens-- I'd like to ask you some more questions about this, if you don't mind. Please send us a private message at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Except when I go to that website and do a VIN search it says my Jeep is good to go. So there is no clarity or TSB that I have seen that discusses the backup camera lines.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Except when I go to that website and do a VIN search it says my Jeep is good to go. So there is no clarity or TSB that I have seen that discusses the backup camera lines.
If you'd like me to look into your specific vehicle for you, I can definitely do that! Just send us a private message with your VIN.

@Hawk2469 , if you decide to get this addressed by the dealer and would like our support, let us know!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Hawk2469

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
@JeepCares appreciate it. Waiting to see if there is anything else before I make a call to the dealer.

Okiedokie

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Sahara
Just happened to me for the first time so came here to check if known issue and yep...PM sent @JeepCares

20210503_132350.jpg
Sponsored