Sponsored

Keep an eye on Sirius/XM

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
Quite frankly, they’ve been doing this for years.

They make money when your intro deal runs out and you don’t remember to call. By the time you do, it’s a few months in on the regular monthly rate! Cable companies do the same stuff with those good old triple play packages!!

SXM allows you to join/activate within seconds, all online. They need to allow you to cancel just as simply and as quickly online as well....
Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
After all the problems with the uconnect system and the fca reluctance to fix the problems with the radio maybe the contracts with all these programs by auto makers need another look. You can still get a stand alone CD player and play your favs. Try and find thumb drives with music to plug into your uconnect.

OP
OP
OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
What rate did you get? I'm due for year 3 in a couple of months. I was able to argue to keep the $6 deal for year 2.
Same - $5.99/mo for the “select” package. I abandoned Howard years ago, so this package suits me fine.

OP
OP
OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another tip is to use privacy.com. You can sign up with a direct link to your checking account, but generate virtual credit cards where you can set limits on them and cancel them anytime. I've pretty much use them all the time to prevent my credit card numbers from getting stolen and setting limits or one time uses on the cards.
Interesting idea! I will be looking into this...

OP
OP
OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After all the problems with the uconnect system and the fca reluctance to fix the problems with the radio maybe the contracts with all these programs by auto makers need another look. You can still get a stand alone CD player and play your favs. Try and find thumb drives with music to plug into your uconnect.
Nope. I have Spotify premium which is awesome, but sometimes (especially short trips) I just want old fashioned radio... I actually like the DJ banter. FM choices are limited in my areas and I hate commercials. So, lousy, compressed satellite audio for the win! 😂

My UConnect works great. Better than what’s in my GMC and Honda.

I donated all of my CDs years ago, and with Spotify I have no need to keep usb drives or iTunes libraries.

Sponsored

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
Nope. I have Spotify premium which is awesome, but sometimes (especially short trips) I just want old fashioned radio... I actually like the DJ banter. FM choices are limited in my areas and I hate commercials. So, lousy, compressed satellite audio for the win! 😂

My UConnect works great. Better than what’s in my GMC and Honda.

I donated all of my CDs years ago, and with Spotify I have no need to keep usb drives or iTunes libraries.
Spotify is great. XM radio isn't really needed - I called and told them to cancel but they reduced my rate to $5/month so I kept it. I only listen to cable news and NPR.

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
I bought a lifetime subscription back in 06 for my starmate portable unit. Have it on the serious boombox, great garage tunes and I can bring it wherever I want. I was told I could transfer to my 21 jlu only once and if the head unit dies or I sell the vehicle subscription goes with it. So when trial runs out I may just use the app on my phone. I have an old truly unlimited plan that they keep trying to con me out of. just my 2cents.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
I bought a lifetime subscription back in 06 for my starmate portable unit. Have it on the serious boombox, great garage tunes and I can bring it wherever I want. I was told I could transfer to my 21 jlu only once and if the head unit dies or I sell the vehicle subscription goes with it. So when trial runs out I may just use the app on my phone. I have an old truly unlimited plan that they keep trying to con me out of. just my 2cents.
I had one too from 2008, which supposedly couldn't be transferred again off of my prior car. Turns out there was a lawsuit and HOPEFULLY you filed a claim by the January 2021 deadline to either get a credit or get your lifetime reinstated on a new device. I'm still waiting, but doesn't matter for a month since Uconnect's update BRICKED my head unit per the dealer today (yeah for warranties though; may have to switch to an aftermarket if this happens again). TIP: Park your Jeep OUTSIDE when it asks to update and leave it there a few hours.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spotify is great. XM radio isn't really needed - I called and told them to cancel but they reduced my rate to $5/month so I kept it. I only listen to cable news and NPR.
You can get NPR for free via their app or iHeartRadio. (or just FM or AM depending upon what you have locally)

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
I only listen to it for the "free" year with a new vehicle, then switch to local stations. Eventually I trade in on something and get another "free" year.

Sponsored

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
It’s debit only FYI. Some card issuers offer single use number functionality.
You can only pay for sirius with a debit card? I don't know, as I haven't been a subscriber for years.

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
You can only pay for sirius with a debit card? I don't know, as I haven't been a subscriber for years.
Yeah, I dumped that Sirius, it is a total waste of money and it doesn't sound very good at all to me. Carplay is cool.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got my 2009 lifetime subscription reinstated thanks to the class action court case!
Sponsored