Sponsored

4xe suspension lift kits and cargo rack advice??

melissam100

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Would prefer not to go full Mopar but since the 4xe is 500lbs heavier I’m looking for advice. Also 2.5 or 3”?? Last one, looking for a cargo rack that I don’t have to screw in to the top, flat for the camping gear/tent. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Sponsored

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
Would prefer not to go full Mopar but since the 4xe is 500lbs heavier I’m looking for advice. Also 2.5 or 3”?? Last one, looking for a cargo rack that I don’t have to screw in to the top, flat for the camping gear/tent. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Gobi claims to have a 4xe specific rack in development. No projected release date yet. This would likely fit the criteria you've laid out though as it would be analogous to their stealth rack.

Another user on here has claimed that through some sort of inside info the 4xe specific mopar lift kits have been pulled from shelves due to some issue with them. No details or confirmation from mopar in regards to this.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Terraflex already has charging stations, so I expect them to have lights out soon after they get one delivered. Of course, they have been delayed like everyone else.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
So I have a 4xe Rubicon I will be running 35's (will be towing behind RV where 37's are not optimal)

With that said I put my 35's on and it was just too low, mind you I have a bumper and winch which drops the front 1/2". I contemplated the Mopar lift as well as several spacer lifts. Here was my findings.

With 35's any lift over 1.5" is too much it just will not look good the tires will feel too small for the well space and since the Mopar lift raises about 3" that is 100% out. Then I looked at 2.5" spacer kits (2.5: front t and 2" rear) I saw a 4xe with 35's and a 2.5" Rough country lift and it did not look very good again too high for the 35's.

I ended up installing the Teraflex 1.5" lift (2" front and 1.5" rear) over the weekend and frankly I may still change the rear to 1" to curve the rake (1/2" was not enough), I have a new steel rear bumper coming so that may offset the rake a bit also. With that said am overall happy and so glad I did not go higher than the 1.5" lift. For reference on all 4 there is exactly 9" between tire and fender flair, any more is too much I would be happy with even 1/2 inch less.

So with 37's anything 2.5" and above is optimal.
Sponsored