Anyone else have this under their dash?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Not long after purchasing it, some family members accidently locked the keys inside their new 2011 Suburban LTZ. A phone call to the relevant service (OnStar?) allowed the rep to remotely unlock the vehicle, as they stood next to it, after ownership was authenticated.

They'd also receive reminder notices regarding oil changes, etc. that were coming due, based on the actual odometer reading.

10 years on and I still think it was Big Brotherish.

Lord knows what remote monitoring capabilities are possible today...and what may come to pass. In lieu of the anti-theft harnesses discussed in this thread, will deadbeat owners trigger a remote drone strike after missing 3 payments? And can we watch it on Pay-per-view?
Sponsored

Tim180A

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2021 JL Unlimited Sport
I'll be sure to check this out when I pick up my new JLU on Wednesday...

Thanks for sharing.

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Dealer told me it was for their inventory protection, to help with insurance. Something about theft from their lot. Told me to toss it in the trash.
Thanks!
Where exactly was it under your dash. Was it basically between your legs under that cover that pops off (where you connect the taser). I have some big item that resembles yours but I thought it was for the autostart. I didn't dare diddle with it. But if its some tracker "See Ya".... Thanks

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I have had my special ordered 21 Rubicon for less than a month now. I don't owe a dime on it. Thanks to this forum that I just joined today, I found this in Jeep my attorney is very interested in this.

20210403_163216.jpg

20210403_163159.jpg

20210403_162902.jpg

20210403_162430.jpg

20210403_162359.jpg
free $$$$$$$$

OP
OP
Jhint77

Jhint77

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon Sting Gray
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Where exactly was it under your dash. Was it basically between your legs under that cover that pops off (where you connect the taser). I have some big item that resembles yours but I thought it was for the autostart. I didn't dare diddle with it. But if its some tracker "See Ya".... Thanks
Mine was zip tied up to its self and tucked behind the trim panel on the drivers side. Behind and connected inline with the OBD2 port. The wiring looks different from the factory wiring and that's how I noticed.

Sponsored

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Guys freaked me out...I was looking for this thing at 1am last night with a flashlight :CWL:

Didn't find anything though sadly I could have used a good paperweight

JuliOjeda

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jl 2dr
I'd say . . . find out which of the wires is 12v and ground. Make small battery pack with 8 AA batteries and wire it to the device.

Attach device to nearest Canadian goose.

Have fun when they ask why you drive your Jeep from the northern Yukon Territory to Cancun and back every year.
🤪🤣😂

BMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
No. It's dealer add on crap that they charge big money for and refuse to remove.
I was lured into a local dealer back in December by an AutoTrader ad. First thing I noticed was that every car in the lot had a sticker saying they’d added a “theft protection system” and some other crap.

They not only refused to remove the system they wouldn’t honor their AutoTrader ad price. They wanted almost $1000 more. I walked of course.

Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
It is more than likely related to Jeep's version of "on star" I have it in my 2021 Wrangler. The good thing is if you have an emergency and you are in the middle of nowhere help can find you. If you ever need it you will be glad it is there.
Yeah, if that "middle of nowhere" still has cellular service that is. :)

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I bought a néw Ford f 250 and through the Ford app I can start the truck, see where it’s at, see the fuel level, tire pressure, mileage, etc. my guess is that it has a “tracker” which allows the truck to communicate with something to be able to send me the data. I think a previous post the guy said that the tracker is not part of that type of service. Any thoughts? I’ll crawl into the truck and see if I can find one. My gladiator is in the shop, I’ll check that too when I get it back.
Your truck has a GPS receiver and a cellular connection built in. That's how it works.