Sponsored

Installing LOD Destroyer sliders. Paint recommendations???

mike49107

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I am getting ready to install a set of LOD Destroyer sliders. I am definitely going to install the optional bolts, which means drilling additional holes. I am assuming that I should paint the holes after drilling?

What is the recommendation for paint? Would a rattle can of Rustoleum be sufficient? Or, is there something else that would work better? Would it even make sense to paint the holes for the self-tapping screws? It seems like the screw would take the paint off anyway.

Thanks for your replies.
Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
I am getting ready to install a set of LOD Destroyer sliders. I am definitely going to install the optional bolts, which means drilling additional holes. I am assuming that I should paint the holes after drilling?

What is the recommendation for paint? Would a rattle can of Rustoleum be sufficient? Or, is there something else that would work better? Would it even make sense to paint the holes for the self-tapping screws? It seems like the screw would take the paint off anyway.

Thanks for your replies.
i put their signature sliders on mine, and did not use the extra holes. i would think if just drilling the hole and putting a screw in you should be fine without paint.
i used a motorcycle lift (jack) to hold the slider up so that i could line it up, and had my son operate the jack. I would line all the holes up and loosely start all the hardware before torqueing everything down. some have said the passenger side is a pain i did not find this to be true.