• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: California WTB - Stock JLU Rubicon Spare Tire Carrier (Los Angeles)

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Looking for a stock Rubicon spare tire carrier assembly in excellent condition. I have a Sport JLU and need one for its ability to carry a larger tire. Prefer local pickup in Los Angeles.
Sponsored

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Looking for a stock Rubicon spare tire carrier assembly in excellent condition. I have a Sport JLU and need one for its ability to carry a larger tire. Prefer local pickup in Los Angeles.
You do realize they are the same from the factory?

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok. There are marginal differences. These things are selling for $200+ freight without wiring, camera, or lights. I sold mine a few months ago, only to regret it when I decided to buy Rustys carrier. It reuses the lugs that are not sold separately.

I have seen on ebay carriers without the lugs going for less than $160, shipped. There are several on the site now.

I upgraded to the Terraflex, but with my 37s I wanted hinge supports. The teraflex option is still not available, but will be someday.

You might look at ebay to see if you can find the right housing without the parts you already have.

OlderSpice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Sport
Ok. There are marginal differences. These things are selling for $200+ freight without wiring, camera, or lights. I sold mine a few months ago, only to regret it when I decided to buy Rustys carrier. It reuses the lugs that are not sold separately.

I have seen on ebay carriers without the lugs going for less than $160, shipped. There are several on the site now.

I upgraded to the Terraflex, but with my 37s I wanted hinge supports. The teraflex option is still not available, but will be someday.

You might look at ebay to see if you can find the right housing without the parts you already have.
I've had a keen eye for the Teraflex HD Hinges and looks like it got pushed back again to a June release. The hinges alone, with no Alpha tire carrier, will go for $799

Sponsored

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had a keen eye for the Teraflex HD Hinges and looks like it got pushed back again to a June release. The hinges alone, with no Alpha tire carrier, will go for $799
Yes, which is what prompted me to buy rustys and pay for another oem carrier. The total cost was a bit more this way, but then I have a fully functional alpha carrier to sell, so I should come out ahead. Plus I get my carrier installed before my summer riding.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@cavguy as an additional note, there is no way a 37in will fit on oem, and some 35s are questionable. Also the wheel offset has to be very close to oem (+44) to get a snug fit. There is no adjustment for this. Only height.

My 2020 Sport is running with its stock carrier and my oem all terrains from my 2020 Rubicon. It fit that carrier with no problems, which is why I said minimal difference between the two. Some are running BFG 35s on oem wheel, and that may see a benefit from the Rubicon oem carrier.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
@cavguy as an additional note, there is no way a 37in will fit on oem, and some 35s are questionable. Also the wheel offset has to be very close to oem (+44) to get a snug fit. There is no adjustment for this. Only height.

My 2020 Sport is running with its stock carrier and my oem all terrains from my 2020 Rubicon. It fit that carrier with no problems, which is why I said minimal difference between the two. Some are running BFG 35s on oem wheel, and that may see a benefit from the Rubicon oem carrier.
There is enough of a difference for some people. I have a relocation plate but with my poison spyder bumper I can't get 37s on with the sport carrier. I had to get a rubicon carrier along with the relocation plate. If going 35s the rubicon carrier should be enough by itself. Going bigger you'd likely need a relocation plate as well.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is enough of a difference for some people. I have a relocation plate but with my poison spyder bumper I can't get 37s on with the sport carrier. I had to get a rubicon carrier along with the relocation plate. If going 35s the rubicon carrier should be enough by itself. Going bigger you'd likely need a relocation plate as well.
I forgot about the relocation bracket, that might be enough to make it work.

OP
OP
cavguy

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
BFG 315/70 K02's are the largest tire I would be running on my Sport, hence why this carrier would be beneficial to me.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Got the rubicon tire carrier today and it yielded me the clearance I needed to get my 37 spare on. Definitely a little over an inch extra clearance over the sport carrier.
Sponsored