Sponsored

80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread

Ravens100

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4, Maz CX-5, 80th Anniv JL 2-Dr (ordered)
I do see where the online configurator makes you select the Dual Door option to get the Remote Proximity on the Sport model. However, this does not apply to the 80th model.

So there is either an error in the online configurator or a misprint in the order guide. I don't know how to tell which. This might be similar to what I went thru. Earlier in the year I couldn't get the online configurator to let me add the premium dual door option, only base. When I went to dealer later they said I could get the premium top and half doors. So, maybe the error is in the online configurator. Definitely more opportunity for error on web page coding than in Order guide printing.
I'm going thru the same thing with "Proximity" upgrade. Another thread specifically about "Proximity" was started this morning also confirming it. I'm ordering (today)a 2 Dr 80th Anniversary Sport and cannot order "PROXIMITY- Keyless Entry" unless the Dual Door Grp is ordered. The 80th Anniversary group includes regular keyless entry, but the Proximity upgrade is only avail with certain 80th Anniversary's (Rubicon, Unltd). On an 80th Anniversary Sport we apparently need to add the Dual Door upgrade to allow ordering Proximity, regardless of what the Build Tool on Jeep.com shows.
Sponsored

Recoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
Thank you all for the help, especially BrierPatch. Unless someone says they got the proxy unlock without the half doors, I'm just gonna assume it's a typo in the order guide or a website bug. Since the dealer claimed it did have it, hopefully I can use that as ammo to get them to install it on site using that guide in the DIY section.

Ravens100

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you all for the help, especially BrierPatch. Unless someone says they got the proxy unlock without the half doors, I'm just gonna assume it's a typo in the order guide or a website bug. Since the dealer claimed it did have it, hopefully I can use that as ammo to get them to install it on site using that guide in the DIY section.
It's true. In ordering my 2 Door, 80th Annie, my dealer sent me this screen shot this morning showing that as soon as Proximity is checked the order system pop-up says the half doors are required. I'm in the same boat.
Jeep Wrangler JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread IMG_4615

Last edited:

Sponsored

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
remote start is added in the cold weather group (ie heated seats/steering wheel)
I got the remote start as a separate item. Didn't go for the cold weather group, being in Texas.

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
Just picked up my new JL 80th Edition on Monday. I got the remote start and Universal Garage Door opener and both come in VERY handy each morning. Kinda wish I'd gotten the proximity entry. I have it on my '17 Renegade and I like it. If the LED light package wasn't so horribly overpriced, I would have gotten that.
remote start is added in the cold weather group (ie heated seats/steering wheel)
I got the remote start as a separate item. Didn't go for the cold weather group, being in Texas.

Remote Start is part of the Convenience Group and Cold Weather Group. You get the Convenience Group at a discount if you get the Cold Weather Group with it since you are already getting the Remote Start option. Nice to see Jeep did not double dip on cost of Remote Start being in 2 packages that can be ordered together.

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
Ok, kinda of back to 80th anniversary edition. Is it my imagination or are the special wheels just taken from the Gladiator?

Jeep Wrangler JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread 1617506329060

I have to say, I am little disappointed that the 80th Annv. model doesn't have the willys on the wheels like so many other models, but this makes sense if they are taken from the Gladiator.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Ok, kinda of back to 80th anniversary edition. Is it my imagination or are the special wheels just taken from the Gladiator?

I have to say, I am little disappointed that the 80th Annv. model doesn't have the willys on the wheels like so many other models, but this makes sense if they are taken from the Gladiator.
The 80th wheels come from the Gladiator Overland model. I think they are fine. I would have been fine with the base Rubicon's wheel in the Granite Crystal color as well. (Willy's are just black standard Rubicon wheel)

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I'm confused. The 80th is technically a sport, but because of the 80th package it doesn't need the half door package for proxy unlock? Am I following? I tried reading the order guide, but the only thing I understood from it was that proxy unlock was an option. I couldn't tell if it needed a package or not.
This is correct. If you go into the Build & Price for a 80th anniversary, it lets you add it without adding half doors. As someone stated earlier, this stuff changes all the time. Basically whenever FCA feels like.
According to order guide, remote proximity doesn't require another option.
Two people posted that now Rubicon are now required to get remote proximity keyless entry. One posted the dealer screen shot of the order form which was requiring it. (The 2 door Rubicon has $325 price increase over the March price guide. ) It can't be a shortage of parts if all Rubicon now require it. There probably is a new price guide which Jeep has changed their mind and perhaps 80th models can no longer get that option without the dual door group, which was the only way to get the RXD for a few months on the other Sport and Sport S variations.

Ravens100

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ORDERED this weekend. :like: White 2-Door, w-Auto, LED Grp, Cold Grp, Safety Grp, side steps, black gas cap, plus all the 80th Anniversary inclusions which -as we know- make up a really nice package. Only disappointment was not being able to get the premium soft top upgrade without ordering the dual door group (@$2550), which I don't need. Should look like this
Jeep Wrangler JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY Edition JL Club Thread 80th Annie WRangler Ordered