So, so close...

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Close to delivery of my JLS so I have been pestering Jeep for updates. Called Tuesday and was told it is still being scheduled for shipping from the factory. Yesterday I called and was told it was off-loaded at the rail yard in Winston-Salem, NC, 60 miles from the dealership. Told they only update their system every 48 hours. Waiting on the call from the dealer. My wife's birthday is this weekend and she said I can't go pick it up til Monday. I may have to leave her...
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I can do a drive by but there's usually thousands of cars at the rail yard.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Hey @Sean L where is the railyard exactly?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Close to delivery of my JLS so I have been pestering Jeep for updates. Called Tuesday and was told it is still being scheduled for shipping from the factory. Yesterday I called and was told it was off-loaded at the rail yard in Winston-Salem, NC, 60 miles from the dealership. Told they only update their system every 48 hours. Waiting on the call from the dealer. My wife's birthday is this weekend and she said I can't go pick it up til Monday. I may have to leave her...
Who did you call that was able to give that specific of details as to the location? Every time I try, either Larry, Moe or Curly seem to answer is on Jeep chat.

OP
OP
Rick12785

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I just called the 1-877 number. I think it's hit or miss, some are more helpful than others. I stopped using the online chat since they weren't helpful at all. You get better service actually speaking to someone.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@Sean L that would be great. It shouldn't be hard to spot. GCM Sahara, black soft top. I mean, how many of those can there be...
I'll see what I can do, its surrounded by woods, I might be able to see if its near the fence. Otherwise I have no access to get in.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully she was ok while it lasted. You gonna put her on e-bay or Craig's list? :)

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Honestly man, when you look at FCA’s build schedule, finding a new wife seems definitely easier than getting a JL this year !!! Lol

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Got a picture?

OldBackpacker

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL - Sport
Occupation
Retired
I just called the 1-877 number. I think it's hit or miss, some are more helpful than others. I stopped using the online chat since they weren't helpful at all. You get better service actually speaking to someone.
Likewise, today I was given an ETA date to my dealership in Utah. Avoid chat.

Redwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JKU
Honestly man, when you look at FCA’s build schedule, finding a new wife seems definitely easier than getting a JL this year !!! Lol
It might be easier, but in my experience a fully loaded Rubicon is much cheaper. Otherwise, once again by experience, you get rid of her and she takes the Jeep. At the time, I thought it was worth it.
Sponsored